Options

Unable to Merge Bill/Payroll & Bank Import Transactions

jchazojchazo Member Posts: 6

I paid a 1099 contractor's bills via the Payroll function 4 times. The first three I was able to merge the Accounting/Transactions Bill/Payroll entry with the Bank imported Withdrawal entry. The 4th set of transactions allows me to check both entries and Merge button is not greyed out and I can click it but nothing happens. Transactions have matching account and are Withdrawals.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hey @jchazo I was able to take a look at your payroll account it appears the last contractor payment was paid in 2021 (January 12 to be exact). For direct deposits/bill payments in 2021, we've introduced a new workflow that doesn't require merging the transactions together.

Instead of merging the bank imported transaction with the Bill Payment, what you'll need to do is keep the bank transaction, but ensure it is categorized as "Transfer to Bank, Credit Card or Loan > Wave Payroll Clearing". Here is a screenshot of how the transactions should look like going forward in 2021:

Please refer to the Wave Payroll: All about the bookkeeping article for further information!

• Options
    jchazojchazo Member Posts: 6

Thanks for the information. Was this new "introduction" announced somewhere? I'd like to be sure I am subscribed to the announcements.

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @jchazo While email communications regarding this update were not sent out, this new workflow should have been announced through the "What's new" section on the Accounting > Transactions page as shown below: