[Canada] COVID-19 Reporting the Ten-percent Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
image[Canada] COVID-19 Reporting the Ten-percent Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers

On August 4, 2020 the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) released Form PD27, 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy Self-Identification Form for Employers to report the Ten-percent Temporary Wage Subsidy (TWS) that...

Read the full story here

edited January 24, 2021 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• VijayVijay Member Posts: 8

If I remember correctly, when the TWS started, Wave Payroll advised that they would take care of the remittances and CRA reporting. Is it now not possible for Wave Payroll to do so or my understanding was not correct?

• VijayVijay Member Posts: 8

I was able to submit the PD27 last night and what I have learnt from COVID-19 is that businesses should align their payment cycles with CRA's.

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Vijay

If you have set up Wave to remit taxes on your behalf, Wave would be able to calculate your subsidy per payroll and automatically deduct this amount from your withdrawal and next remittance. For more information on this, check out this Help Centre article.

Regarding the PD27 form in particular, Wave would not be able to help with the completion and submission of this form. That being said, if you do have specific questions about the form for your business, please feel free to reach out to our Support team via email and we would be happy to help.