How to use the beta Transactions page

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
imageHow to use the beta Transactions page

Wave is currently working on a fresh new rewrite of our Transactions page, and we're very excited to be able to offer a beta version of the page which you can access & provide feedback on! This...

Read the full story here

edited January 24, 2021 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• RMenschelRMenschel Member Posts: 13

In most ways I like the new beta transactions page, but
    When I'm in some other section, and click on a transaction, if I'm using the old page I go straight to that transaction, the transaction is selected (usually), and the details appear in the right panel, ready for me to edit. In Beta, I go to the transactions page but I do not go to the transaction in question -- I need to spend time hunting for it. And then I need to click on the details link to open it up for investigation. If I go to the transactions page because I clicked on a transaction, I want to see that transaction, and I probably need to see the details rather than the one-line summary. It should open with details visible and editable, and that transaction should be on my screen (I shouldn't need to scroll to it).

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @RMenschel

Thanks for reaching out about this! I've given this a try on my end but I wasn't experiencing what you've described. For example, I am able to click on a transaction within a Report and be brought to the Accounting > Transactions page with the page open to the specific transaction and its details panel. Since I am unable to see the same issue, I think a good first step would be to attempt some browser troubleshooting.

If you are still having trouble viewing your Transactions page after this, feel free to reach back out!

• whidzeewhidzee Member Posts: 7

Can there be a way to filter the transactions based on a string match in the notes?
    for example if I have a part of the notes for each sale say "Country:Canada" I'd like a way to filter the transactions to only see the sales that have that in the notes.

• GarCardGarCard Member Posts: 6

The fact that the Transaction "Search" doesn't even search in the transaction notes is a bit disappointing.

• DebraAyer123DebraAyer123 Member Posts: 1

My balance is different by thousands of dollars after this change - I can't even comment on the features until I understand what the heck happened. I tried using the help bot, but this wasn't helpful. What happened?

• BradfordBBradfordB Member Posts: 3

We need the ability to edit the columns or hide them. Now I can't see the transaction description and instead there is a new account column. While I understand some people may need to change the account a lot, I don't as I have my transactions automatically imported and so they are always in the correct account. Now I have to hover over every single transaction to see the description so I can categorize it properly.

• TWA2020EastLondonTWA2020EastLondon Member Posts: 1
    Thank you 🌞
  • Jagneet02_Jagneet02_ Member Posts: 3

Hello,

Is it possible to revert back to the old transaction page? The new one is not working out for me. It is really really slow. Please advise as I have a lot of work to finish.

Thank you
    Jagneet Kaur
    transvillogistics@gmail.com

• jpremdljpremdl Member Posts: 1

Can we have the option to revert back ? works on mobile. But not so great on the web. I mainly use on my desktop therefore I prefer the old transaction page. Please.

• greg_sgreg_s Member Posts: 17

Yes, I too need a way to revert back to the old. My reasoning: 1) Unusably slow, 2) in entering a split transaction the totals are not showing so if I'm off a penny or a dollar this isn't shown, 3) when entering a long list of split transaction line items I'm getting an error message for no identifiable reason and the error message is off screen (above), 4) seeing the notes requires me to click on the tab when in the old design I could see that there is a note there (Maybe add an asterisk if the notes field has an entry in it to tell me to look for it). Thanks for trying to make a better product and this app has been a delight to use but now not so much.

• greg_sgreg_s Member Posts: 17

More on my last post. 1 more issue with the new design: I had to re-enter a transaction that had 10 splits as the first time through there was an error message with no identifiable error - all the splits added up correctly. The new issue is that to be able to click on the "add a new split" button you have to roll the screen up from where you are adding the split after maybe 5 entries (I didn't count) then roll it back down to add the split. It took me 6 ¼ minutes to add this one transaction the second time where I was faster having done it once already!

• Julianne_PJulianne_P Member Posts: 3

I need to revert back to the older transactions page. 1.) too clunky to drop down the arrow each time, I use loads of fields on the transactions page, vendor, sales tax, customer 2.) the sales tax is showing a rounded number on there we have multi-decimal places taxes for multiple locations, need to see the whole %. 3.) this is slowing me down greatly.

• Julianne_PJulianne_P Member Posts: 3

Also, when I "drop down menu" on the transactions page, then save, the cursor takes me to a completely different location, so I have to hunt for the transaction, I was just on. When there are loads of transactions with like amounts, like we have, this is crazy.

• NicholeNichole Member Posts: 7

BETA TRANSACTION PAGE...3/29/21

I just had an interesting time navigating through wave literally this last hour when working in Wave.. Apologies up front in case this might be a fluke in the system or a change in their beta transaction page.

okay i signed on to wave to start reviewing transactions and noticed that the look/feel on transactions was different (no side panel) to edit the transactions and the edits could be completed in line.
    I like it for the 40% of time of the transactions i review/update that are fairly straightforward either (A)- adding a subcontractor name to the corresponding check #, (B) - being able to automatically check the reviewed box if i have the receipt in my hand and all is okay!, or (C) if it was income to be able to write the clients name on the line. For the other 60% of my transactions I have to detail in notes what the expense was for, or do splits.

so fast forward to the last 20 min of using it. okay i did my "in line edits" before it started to become a little cumbersome to continuously use the drop down to select EDIT, then do the split then go to the "Notes" tab to enter details. - when this got to become too much

I started find out if there was a way to change it back to the old platform and somehow closed my whole wave desktop app while looking for a solution. when i logged back on, i noticed : POOF!!! everything was reverted back to the older view which i liked.

Was this Beta transaction page only temporarily revealed, or did i do something to revert my transaction page to how it was before? Either case, i would love if we have the option to have our transaction page in both formats that we "the wave" users have the ability to change among ourselves.

• moragmorag Member Posts: 7

The old version had a feature when you split transactions where it would make the newly created split contain the remaining amount needed to 'fill' the transaction. This seems to have been lost? Or is there just another button I haven't found to do this?

• Brian_KeenanBrian_Keenan Member Posts: 1

There needs to be a descriptions field next to each split transaction. I recently purchased a lot of equipment from Amazon and would like to note what each transaction is. Being able to put it into it's own category isn't enough. For example, I have an equipment category for "Lighting Equipment" but I would like to note which light I am specifically adding. Right now, I have this giant block of text in the main description field. Even being able to hit enter to have a new line in the main description field would be an improvement.

• APPAPP Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    So this is the "golden" transaction page you and H&R Block figured was a good trade for removing the reciepts app and OCR?

Flip the switch and the damage will be done.
  • DBG2018DBG2018 Member Posts: 2

I really don't like the new "Drow down menu" to reach all the fields. Please bring back the old style with the right column, so much faster to work with and easier on the eyes.

• APPAPP Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Interesting that you warn your users about the "enhanced" removal of the receiot app and OCR, yet you force the new Transactions Page on us.

You really really want me and my business to go somewhere else.
  • EBMEBM Member Posts: 2

Nice!
    I would love to also see:
    1. bulk actions for adding/removing vendor (or even better - you automatically populating that field with a default value like you do with other fields. Especially when I purchase with a credit card, you get the info so it should be easy in such transactions)
    2. Automatic rules for category and vendor (eg - every transaction where the description field is x (e.g. a purchase from waveapp, shows in the description as waveapp), then assign it to category Y and venzor Z. I know your app tries to guess things, but it doesnt always guess, it doesnt always guess right, and it never guesses the vendor.

• JordonJordon Member Posts: 1

Pls bring back the old style, more easy to use & view. the new version drag down my speed of work.

• JalaJala Member Posts: 2

The new transaction page has some of my transactions wrapping to a second line where only the last digit of the dollar amount is showing up on the 2nd line. This is very distracting and interrupts the flow of transactions. Can you expand the amount field to fix this. Or is there a way for me to fix it?

• Valentin_NorosaValentin_Norosa Member Posts: 2

Please bring back the old style or to have a choice from new and old

• TimFrantzTimFrantz Member Posts: 1

This new style is horrible! bring back the old transactions page.

• melonmelon Member Posts: 3

to copy a recurring transaction is not longer available (unless it is the exact same amount) Please bring back the old style!!!!

• BeccaVBeccaV Member Posts: 1

I really do not like this style. I do like the inline editing and this is the best improvement. This new style automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page when entering a date, and is really annoying and hard on the eyes. It will automatically sort it, which I don't like. I like to review my entries. They used to stack as you entered them, making review easy. Now they are automatically put in order of date, which makes review impossible. Especially for someone like me, who has Dyslexia and constantly inputs numbers wrong. I need to be able to review my entries for mistakes. Now if I make a mistake on a date or amount, I can not find it to correct it. This has been a nightmare for me. I spent an hours on entries that should have only taken me 15 - 20 minutes to do. I sent in an email and was basically told, thanks for the input but you'll have to deal with how it is now. I want the old style back.

• mackayrmackayr Member Posts: 5

Is there a way to restore the tax indicator on the transactions page? I need a quick way of identifying transactions for which tax hasn't been recorded.