Options

WaveApps Referral Program

vigbkwe1vigbkwe1 Member Posts: 2

Has Wave thought to do a Referral program? I encounter younger entrepreneurs quite frequently who would benefit from a platform this friendly to startups.

Would be nice to get rewarded for each referral or group of referrals. Doesn't have to be monetary, could free 30min bookkeeping session after 5 referrals (which we would very much appreciate!).

Just food for thought since this is lunch time right now :)

edited March 30, 2021 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hey @vigbkwe1 Thank you for thinking of Wave to recommend to entrepreneurs! Your suggestion of incentive that doesn't involve monetary of sounds like a great idea. Because our Accounting/Invoicing software is free for users, truthfully, it is difficult to justify creating an affiliate program (with any sort of incentives) at this point in our product's lifetime.

I can definitely pass this feedback along to our Product Development Team however, to have in mind for future consideration, should we ever move toward a paid product for our Accounting software in the future!

• Options
    MalkioMalkio Member Posts: 1
    > @NancyC said:
    > "Hey @vigbkwe1 ... monetary of sounds like a great idea. Because our Accounting/Invoicing software is free for users, truthfully, it is difficult to justify creating an affiliate program (with any sort of incentives) at this point in our product's lifetime..."

--
    @NancyC This is simply no longer true.

There is more than enough room to create an incentive based referral program. Because wave is not completely free and since Wave has an extremely similar model to Square for example. With that we can consider the same direction in incentive, since you still sell other products.

Square (free to use POS, that charges for payment processing) offers $1000 in free payment processing for both the referrer and the recipient.

It's no upfront capital to spend and whatever loss is a right off. Going this direction also pushes people towards getting used to using your payments services, for which you generate revenue.

To be honest I didn't use the payments initially because I prefer ACH and the 1% can still be more than it's worth on large transactions. But once I got start and get used to using payments it just becomes "the way we do things".

We all appreciate how cost effective wave is, but it's still a business, it's not a non-profit. So It's just fair that users get some type of renumeration for helping you get people closer to using your payments processing and other paid services.