Options

Creating a bill by email or upload?

ohio_bryceohio_bryce Member Posts: 14

Hey all!

When I forward (or upload) a bill, Wave creates an expense.

Is there a way to create a bill instead?

Thanks!
Bryce

edited February 17, 2021 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @ohio_bryce !

Are you referring to receipts? When you upload or email your receipt to Wave, they can be found on your Purchases > Receipts page where you can then review them before posting to accounting for your records. If you want to record a bill, you can do so by heading over to Purchases > Bills. If you'd like to learn more about uploading receipts or creating bills in Wave, I attached a few Help Center articles below:

• Options
    ohio_bryceohio_bryce Member Posts: 14

I'm referring to bills.

If a vendor delivers something and hands me an invoice that I need to pay later in the month, it'd be nice if I could snap a pic of it with the app and create a bill.

Right now (unless I'm missing something), I can only upload paid receipts through the app. Not future bills.

Make sense?

• Options
    KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @ohio_bryce , thanks so much for the clarification here!

At this time Wave does not have a feature which allows you to upload vendor invoices and have them appear as bills in your Wave account. That being said, I really appreciate you reaching out and letting us know that this is something you would be interested in. As such, I have moved your post to the Accounting Feature Ideas forum so that our Developers are able to see your idea and other users who also support your idea. 

Please feel free to let us know more about how this feature would be useful for you!