Zoho - importing invoices: "Mandatory field Unit Price missing"

PipPip Member Posts: 20

Thank you for supporting us through the transition. I have really appreciated having a free bookkeeping app that is so easy to use, when I am doing this for a community group. So. Thank you.
I get the above mentioned error message when trying to download my invoices. I tried adding a new column called 'Unit Price' and I then got a different error message. (I'll do a screenshot)
I know your own instructions say to 'validate' the data when we change the sheet, but I really don't know what that means. BUT, I validated the data of that new column, figuring this seemed logical.
Thanks!

again!

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Pip , just want to confirm a couple of things with you. Are you exporting your invoices from your Wave account to Wave Connect? If so, can you send me a screenshot of all of the fields that you're downloading from the invoice?

• LeytonCLeytonC Member Posts: 1

I have had exactly the same error, I googled it and found this thread. I tried exporting both invoice data and invoice data and payments. I have attached a screen shot of the fields I exported, I hit 'select all' - added here as no point in creating a new thread. Everything else has gone ok, just the error on importing invoices.

• RajavanyaRajavanya Member Posts: 1

Found this via google too. Same error.

• PipPip Member Posts: 20

I really really hope this is okay, but this is the answer from Zoho:

"Please note that this error is because the invoices exported from Wave are in the format 'Invoice Data' which is currently not supported in Zoho Books. We request you to export data in the format 'Invoice data and line items' using the steps below. We have attached screenshots for your reference.

Please go to your Wave account > Integrations > Google sheets > Add to sheets. Kindly access Google sheets (docs.google.com) > Click on Add-ons > Wave Connect > Download > Invoices. Kindly ensure to select the data to download as "Invoice data and line items" and then export the file. In Zoho Books, item details are mandatory for an invoice and hence you need to export in this format only.

Also, currently system will import invoices in draft, sent, overdue, partially paid status only. If an invoice is already paid in your Wave account, then it will be skipped during the import process.

If you need to import paid invoices as well, go to Zoho Books > Sales > Invoices > Import invoices. Once done, you can mark the invoices as sent manually. After that, go to Sales > Payments received > Record the payment manually for the invoices."