Options

Customer credit card info disappears??

NSIKathieNSIKathie Member Posts: 6

I set up several of my customers for automatic payment. For a few of them, the payments were made for a month or two, but then they stopped and now the credit card info is no longer stored in their customer record. I don't believe that these cards have expired. Why does this happen? My customers expect the payments to occur automatically, and usually don't realize that the payments are not being made until 2-3 months later, and by then their accounts are alarmingly in arrears. They get upset with me because they were on auto-pay so that they would not get behind, but then they got behind anyway. And I am not notified of any rejected payments nor of the credit card info being removed. I would at least like to have an explanation to give to my customers who end up in this situation. When I say that I do not know what happened to their auto-pay info, it sounds like I am not very aware of how my own billing and accounting system works.

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @NSIKathie !

I'm sorry to hear that some of your customers automatic payments stopped for recurring invoices. This can happen for a variety of reasons. Usually this happens when the credit card on file had a hold placed on it by the issuing bank, was declared lost or stolen, closed by the card holder, etc. For next steps, please contact our support team via ticket request or live chat so one of our agents can take a closer look at your invoices on the backend. By doing so, they can pinpoint the issue at hand.

In most cases, this is resolved by updating your customers credit card information to an active card or having your customer contact their financial institution to lift any potential holds.

I hope this helps!

edited February 19, 2021