Options

Plaid not recognizing my bank log in

Heather_NesHeather_Nes Member Posts: 2

I live in Canada, and have an RBC Canadian account currently tied to my business. We are onboarding a US client and opened a US bank account (RBC-US) and am trying to connect my US bank account. Plaid is saying that my log-in is incorrect. I swear its not. How do I get this fixed?

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @Heather_Nes !

After doing some digging on the back end, I can see that one of our support agents assisted you with this via your ticket request. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach back out! :smile:

• Options
    Heather_NesHeather_Nes Member Posts: 2

@JulianP So should I set up a second Wave Biz account for US clients that is tied to my US bank account? I guess I'm still not clear on the solution.

edited March 1, 2021
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Heather_Nes , when it comes to receiving payouts, you can only connect a single payout account at a time and it must be in your home currency. Because your business is located in Canada, you're only able to process payments through Wave that are in CAD.

This also means that you're unable to setup a separate Wave account in USD as we do require your business to be located in the US to be approved. The only alternative to receive payment from your customer via Wave would be if you sent them a CAD invoice and they paid you for it. If they do choose to use a USD card then they may incur foreign exchange fees on their end.

Let us know if you have any further questions.