Options

Stuck in Reconnect Loop

4nthony4nthony Member Posts: 5

I'm unable to reconnect an existing Chase account using valid credentials. The Plaid dialog says "Username Incorrect". I can't unlink the account because it handles payroll.

I can create a new connection to the same checking account and the credentials work just fine.

However, I can't import transactions from the new connection because Wave wants to import them into either a different Wave savings account or a new Wave account (see screenshot).

My credentials work just fine. The reconnect for the original connected account was somehow corrupted.

What needs to happen for the "reconnect" functionality to work on my original account where my payroll is connected? I just want to resume transaction imports.

Comments

• Options
    4nthony4nthony Member Posts: 5

This has been resolved.

Wave stores your username when you connect a bank account. If you change or update the username on the bank side, you cannot reconnect the account in Wave using the new credentials. You will get the error "Username Incorrect".

I reached out to support and the rep (Mariana, thank you!) gave me a much better description of the error message: "the username you are re-entering does not match our records".

"Username Incorrect" sounds like I'm entering my bank username wrong. "The username you are re-entering does not match our records" tells me they're keeping track of my username and what I'm entering doesn't match what they're expecting. Makes sense, since Chase said there were no failed login attempts on my account even though I tried numerous times to login using all of the usernames that work with my bank account.

I was able to recreate the old username on Chase and reconnect the account in Wave.

B)