Filter liability account report by vendor not showing all transactions

jiveyjivey Member Posts: 6

Hi,

I have a liability account "Cleaner Owings" that I'd like to use to track what I owe to cleaners in my cleaning business.

When the report below is set to "All Contacts" everything shows correctly.

However when I switch to filter for just one vendor "Jesy", it doesn't show the Feb 20th transaction where that cleaner is owed $150.

Here is the transaction entry, where the account is set to "Cleaner Owings" and the vendor is set to Jesy.

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @jivey !

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your reports. That does seem odd. Do you have multiple vendors by the name of "Jesy" recorded under Purchases > Vendors perhaps? If so, maybe each of your transactions has a different vendor selected. If not, please let me know as we may need to escalate your case for further investigation.

• jiveyjivey Member Posts: 6

Hi,

No, I'm testing it out for now so just a few cleaners in the vendors list. And just one named Jesy.

Hey @jivey !

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have since escalated your case to our development team to investigate your issue further. I'll follow-up with an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Hey @jivey !

After escalating your case to our development team, it looks like you created this transaction on 2021-02-21 but deleted the transaction on 2021-02-25. Since your initial question was posted on 2021-02-22 before you deleted the transaction, I am unsure if this requires additional attention. Do you mind clarifying if you still need help with the specific transaction in regards to your "Jesy" vendor?

Hi,

Yes, I still need assistance please. It seems that the vendor filter only seems to work on vendor bills.

If I logged the vendor to an expense, the report doesn't recognize them and filters them.

Hey @jivey, thanks for reaching back out!

Can you confirm the type of report you are trying to generate? Is it still an Accounting Transactions (General Ledger) report? If so, if you added a vendor to an expense via the Transactions page, the expense transaction should be tied to the customer in question on your report. However, if the transaction in question was deleted at some point, it won't be reflected on the report. If the transaction wasn't deleted and you still aren't seeing it, make sure you have the appropriate date range selected to include the expense in question.

The type of report is Dig Deeper -> Account Balances. And the contact I'm trying to filter by is not a client but a vendor.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @jivey , the Account Balances report doesn't have an option for a filter for vendors due to the nature of the report. Because it shows a given account's balance on a specific date, having a filter option wouldn't change this information. It sounds like what you're looking for would be the Account Transactions Report where you can filter for specific transaction pertaining to a specific vendor.