Options

Invoice number skipped

TECManagementTECManagement Member Posts: 2

Hi Wave, we recently detected that our invoice number issued was skipped as picture shown. The last invoice is 100069 while next is 100071.
This should only happen when the invoice (100070) in between was deleted. While we had checked our team there is no anyone deleting the invoice.
Kindly assist if we can trace where the missing number gone or will invoice deleted by Wave system?
Besides, how should we prevent similar case happen again in future?

Thanks in advance and look forward for your prompt reply!

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @TECManagement , the reason for a skip is usually a deleted invoice although there are other ways this can happen, like if the invoice was accidentally manually changed to 08-100071.

Either way, there's no way to prevent this from happening in the future as we don't know exactly how this happened. If you do see that an invoice is being skipped, you can always create it after the fact. For example, the next invoice you create can be 08-100070 as to fill in the missing space.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we'd be happy to help!

• Options
    TECManagementTECManagement Member Posts: 2

Hey @AlexL, great to hear feedback from you!
    Understand your suggestion for create invoice to fill up.
    However we would need further clarification on tracing back the deleted invoice from system.
    Is there any audit trail for us to check out who and when did the invoice deleted?
    We are generate invoice from the system directly and send to our client, so if the deleted invoice is valid, it will affect our account and collection.

Would need your kind advise on this matter.
    Thank you

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @TECManagement , I'm afraid there's no audit system that we can pull from on this information. As mentioned above, I'd recommend recreating that invoice if you do require that number to be used. Sorry I can't be of more help here!