Two bank connections for the same bank

ITSH_LLCITSH_LLC Member Posts: 1

I have only one checking account for my business. On the home page, it shows two connections to the same account. The first one has an icon named " Payment ". The second connection without the icon but with the balance of the account. Is this normal?

Comments

• NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hey @ITSH_LLC When you connect a bank account as the payments payout account, the system will automatically create a connection for it on the Banking > Connected Accounts page (the connection will have the blue Payments tag). It sounds like the second connection is because you may have connected the same bank account for transaction import purpose - this will result in the two connections you're currently seeing. As long as only 1 of the connection is turned on for transaction imports, it shouldn't cause any issues (no need to worry about duplicates as long as only 1 connection is turned on).

• Ronald_Witte1Ronald_Witte1 Member Posts: 2

Under Transactions, Cash and Bank it shows duplicate bank accounts. How do I remove one of them? I saw the answer in this line, but the new transaction are still loading into the wrong (turned off) duplicate account and not into the (turned on) account.

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Ronald_Witte1 , to consolidate any duplicate accounts in Wave, you will first need to remove all transactions in the duplicate account from Accounting > Transactions.

There, you will want to filter for your duplicate account using the dropdown menu at the top, labelled Account. If you still require a record of these transactions, you can Select All > Edit to change the Account to the correct account. Otherwise, if you do not need these transactions, you can just Select All > Delete them.

Once all the transactions from the duplicate account are removed, head to Accounting > Chart of Accounts and click the pencil icon next to your old account. Use the Archive Account option and hit Save. This should prevent further use of the account and make the account disappear completely from Wave as long as there are no associated transactions.

Following this, I recommend navigating to Banking > Connected Accounts to ensure that the duplicate account has the automatic transaction import option OFF and will not import any more transactions.