Fiverr freelancers and how to deal with that tax wise?

justmejustme Member Posts: 5

So like, i hire freelancers from fiverr, am wondering how to categorize them? For tax purposes, how do i categorize them? how to do Form 1099 for them?

edited March 9, 2021 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @justme,

If you would like to use Wave to generate the 1099-NEC forms for your freelancers, you'll need to have an active Wave Payroll subscription (which you can cancel as soon as you have generated said forms, and still have access to them until the end of the month).

To add the necessary info onto the forms, each freelancer should be added into Wave as a 1099 contractor (if they are eligible), and each payment needs to be recorded using a Bill in Wave. Check out this article, and this one for more info!

If you use one of the methods in the article above to record your freelancer payments, you should be all set! If not, Wave's Customer Support Team isn't able to advise on categorising transactions for tax purposes I'm afraid, as we aren't trained accountants. I would recommend reaching out to a registered accountant for advice here.

You can also take a look at the "Find a Wave Pro" section of community, as a user here may be able to assist you!

Let me know if I've misunderstood anything, or if you have any more questions :smile:

edited March 9, 2021