double byte character is broken when report export to pdf

laurencelaurence Member Posts: 4

I using Korean language; double byte character.
When I export report to pdf format, all of the character were disappeared; just remained as blank. But as did to csv format, there is not any problem.
How can I fix it?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @laurence.

There's a known issue with PDFs displaying special characters wrong. Could you give me a screenshot of both a PDF with those characters disappearing and the CSV with those characters appearing fine?

It will give me some reference material when I bring it up with our engineers.

• laurencelaurence Member Posts: 4

As attached file, it looks blank in pdf file unlike in csv file.

edited April 19, 2018

Hi, @laurence.

This issue might be because double-byte characters are not enabled on your PDF reader. Could you try downloading Acrobat Reader, and following the steps outlined here? That might solve the issue.

Hi, Alexia.
    I use PDF expert on OSX, which supporting double byte character. I tried it on osx preview("미리보기" in Korean) and Acrobat reader, but it cannot enabled either.

The strange thing is that it works well export invoice as below image. This file is open in PDF expert on OSX.

edited April 20, 2018

Hi, @laurence.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. As it stands Wave is only available in English so we can't promise that unsupported characters will work with every part of our software. I would recommend continuing to use CSV reports. If you find that there's information that you can't access at all, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

edited April 23, 2018

Hi, Alexia.
    Thank you for your continued reply.
    I'll use it csv format temporally, but I wish fix this problem soon.