Options

Technical Question - Inserting a line in a long & detailed Estimate/Invoice

StephKayStephKay Member Posts: 7

Good afternoon
After having used QuickBooks for many, many years, I moved over last year and I love wave - it is working so well for me and my company's needs and really enjoyable to use overall! :) One small question - and I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask so please let me know which would be the correct place if not here - thanks!

Are there any plans on the cards to allow us to insert a line in a detailed and long Estimate/Invoice if you forget something? We have the delete line button if needed, but it is extremely frustrating to not have an "insert line" or an "add line." I am in the Commercials Service Industry and need to supply detailed Estimates and Invoices for my clients and if I forget anything or things change that I need a separate line for, it is not always the correct place to do it at the end of the document. I have to copy and paste from a saved PDF into the original Invoice again, which can take too much time.
So appreciate any answers
Thanks and kind regards, Steph

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @StephKay, welcome to Wave!

I've moved your post over to the "SALES & INVOICING TECHNICAL SUPPORT" section, so that you can easily find related posts :smile:

As it turns out, whilst it's not possible to insert a line into your invoices in Wave, it is possible for you to change the order of the item lines! You can do so by clicking this icon next to the item name, which allows you to drag and drop the line into a new position:

So, if necessary, you can always add a new item line to the bottom of the invoice, and move it to the correct position afterwards.

edited March 17, 2021
  • Options
    StephKayStephKay Member Posts: 7

Brilliant thank you so much!!