Options

Add "Tip" Feature to Invoice

HeatherGHeatherG Member Posts: 1

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I could only find one thread back in 2018. It would be great if invoices could offer a tip feature, not for my business but for my brother's business. He runs a chartering company and usually tip is 10% to 20%. He loves being able to be paid by credit card through Wave, but there isn't a tip feature like FareHarbor has. Is there a way to do this (besides thinking the customer will "overpay" the invoice)?

Comments

• Options
    PaigettiePaigettie Member Posts: 10
    Agreed. I have people tip me all the time. I had yet another client ask me today how they could add a tip to the invoice I sent. I'm missing out on income on a regular basis because tips can't be added by the client.
  • Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @HeatherG and @Paigettie !

I'm afraid that Wave does not currently offer a built in tip feature. If you'd like, you can have your customer make an over payment like you suggested. You can create a new account on your Chart of Accounts page to track these tips, and split your deposit transaction to allocate the funds accordingly.

Below I attached some handy resources that may help you with this:

• Options
    fishingwithfredofishingwithfredo Member Posts: 1

Hi, I also read the thread in 2018, really surprised you all haven't added a tipping feature yet? We work in Service Industry too (as would, I think, the majority of clients that use your platform as it's cost effective for us) in Move Management. We're starting to use your invoice but request our money through Venmo now because they can tip through that.

• Options
    wildrosemacswildrosemacs Member Posts: 1

Please implement this feature!

• Options
    thevirtualsecretarythevirtualsecretary Member Posts: 1

I have had 3 requests in the past 60 days for a tipping feature. Clients are so happy with the services we provide they want to tip us and can't. I would also appreciate this feature be implemented! Thank you!

• Options
    remedies360remedies360 Member Posts: 2

Yes. Add tipping feature. Join the rest of us in the 21st century!

• Options
    nmpnmp Member Posts: 2

+1 for this. Almost all other invoicing platforms seem to have this available, and don't want to completely commit to Wave until this is added too.

• Options
    WandaJoWandaJo Member Posts: 4

We have been asking for this since 2018 seems that since all other invoicing platforms have been able to do this Wave would be able to. Asking a customer to make an over payment is like a waitress or waiter coming up and saying be sure you leave me a big fat tip. I have loss tips from customers that has always tipped me since this is not available. It was finally fixed that we can do an amount or percentage on our discounts. Please add this feature we all love Wave and want to stay but this is a big deal for us. I am a designer, and creator.

• Options
    teal6teal6 Member Posts: 1

God please please please do this. I had a few customers upset that they COULDN'T leave a tip and I feel like you as an organization are missing out on extra processing fees for it

• Options
    maravillamaravilla Member Posts: 5

I can't believe its 2022 and we're still waiting for this. ADD A TIP FEATURE ALREADY! I am switching to Square invoicing until Wave gets its act together.

edited May 20, 2022
  • Options
    cjomall23cjomall23 Member Posts: 1
    Please add a tipping feature. The customers are requesting it. It would greatly help support us small business owners!