How to Add a Client

AOKBookkeepingAOKBookkeeping Member Posts: 2

I have a Virtual Bookkeeping Business, A-OK Bookkeeping Services, LLC, and have recently became acquainted with Wave! I really like the look of it and the simplicity of the software. I would like to set up one of my clients on Wave, but under my management, as I will be doing their books for them. How do I do that? Thank you!

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@AOKBookkeeping,
    What I do for new clients is I set them with their email. I will then assign a password and pass on to them. I will then add myself as an admin. I then set up the chart of accounts, connect banking etc.

• AOKBookkeepingAOKBookkeeping Member Posts: 2

Mike, So you don't first log in to your own WAVE account, then under the left side where it says Create a New Business - set it up from there? You actually log on fresh and create a new one?

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@AOKBookkeeping,
    That is correct. I create an account for the business under the owners email. To me, the books and records belong to them. If I create them under my own profile they would have no access, unless I grant it. As a CPA, I cannot withhold client records that I did not create. Wave transactions are not something I create and therefore the client should have control over them.

edited March 26, 2021