Options

Splitting transaction, decimal point rejected so no saving transaction

StephKayStephKay Member Posts: 7

Hi :-)
Looks great and streamlined. I have a small issue.. When I want to split my transaction into sub categories, the split amount is not showing up anywhere and so when I work it out on my calculator and try to insert it, will not allow me to put in a decimal point. So I cant split my transactions. Any ideas how t o resolve this will be most welcome. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @StephKay !

Do you mind clarifying how you are recording the split as Wave doesn't support sub-categories? This will give me a better understanding of the issue at hand.

When splitting a transaction, it is important that the split amounts equal the transactions total. Otherwise you won't be able to record the split successfully.

Also, if you haven't checked out our handy Help Center article on how to split a transaction, feel free to do so here.

• Options
    Kedwin74Kedwin74 Member Posts: 3

I am trying to split a consolidated payment, based on multiple sales invoices raised but transactions cannot be saved. Any idea how I can close such a transaction, that requires splitting a payment?

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

Hi @Kedwin74 for splitting transactions, please refer to this article from our Help Center. If you find you're still unable to save the split transaction after the full amount has been accounted for, please share a screenshot of how the transaction details looks like so that we can take a closer look!

• Options
    StephKayStephKay Member Posts: 7

@JulianP said:
    Hey @StephKay !

Do you mind clarifying how you are recording the split as Wave doesn't support sub-categories? This will give me a better understanding of the issue at hand.

When splitting a transaction, it is important that the split amounts equal the transactions total. Otherwise you won't be able to record the split successfully.

Also, if you haven't checked out our handy Help Center article on how to split a transaction, feel free to do so here.

Hi @ Julian.
    Thanks for your reply and apologies for only getting back to you now. I just discovered that I need to use a comma as a decimal point and now it works. I am in South Africa and we use a full stop or period in our math here. The period worked on your old system, and as it is in the numerical keypad, made it so easy, now I am working across my keyboard, so I am not sure why it was changed?

Also, the layout having the amounts first, then the categories, is so unintuitive to work with :-/

Having read through all the comments on this thread, it strikes me that it is almost like "someone", who does not do accounts on a day-to-day practice, has designed the new Wave interface for us to use. So many comments are describing a platform that is not functioning when the old one was really so much better across the board. Thanks

edited May 18, 2021