Reconciliation Errors

TCMDTCMD Member Posts: 1

Hello,

New user here please bear with us.

So, 31st March 18 was when we went live with Wave. The software sees a balance on that date.

Under the reconcile page it obviously says unreconviled for our main bank account and for the cash on hand account as well as the shares account.

We want to reconcile one at a time so, for this excersize we want to reconcile the Main bank account for march 18

Wave asks this question

Enter the ending balance up to March 31, 2018 as it appears on your statement for XYZ LTD BUSINESS CURRENT ACCOUNT.

Remebering that this account was live on the day it is asking about. We add the balance (say £70) in to the box marked " Ending Balance account" and we get an error that says :-

There was an error saving your balance. Please try again later.

It keeps doing this. Can anyone advise please?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @TCMD! Welcome to Wave!

Can you try clearing the cache for your browser? It might solve this issue. If it doesn't, can you share a screenshot of the page with that error message?

edited April 18, 2018
  • helioegrethelioegret Member Posts: 5

Hi, I'm having a similar problem, even with an cleared cache. I was successful with reconciliation on another account. Here's what I'm seeing:

edited May 14, 2018
  • AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @helioegret.

Do you have transactions in that account? The ending balance date must be after the date of your first transaction in that account (Cash on Hand) in this case.

If you haven't set starting balances yet, you'll have to do that before you can do reconciliation.

• helioegrethelioegret Member Posts: 5

Okay, think I got it. Thanks!