Options

No way to see taxes *paid* on expense categories

lzr9000lzr9000 Member Posts: 4

I'm doing my taxes and I need to know how much GST I paid in my expenses over the year. I know the data is in there because I inputted it manually for each expense when entered it into Wave.

I can easily produce a report to show TOTAL dollar amount spent for each expense category, but I can't find any way to show how much GST is included in that figure. As far as I can tell, the only option to get that exact number is to manually go to through every single expense one by one, and copy-paste the GST into a spreadsheet. Obviously that is extremely tedious and totally defeats the purpose of having entered all that data in the first place.

My ideal outcome would be to add columns to the P&L Operating Expenses section, to show GST and pre-tax totals for each category. And likewise, to show GST and pre-tax totals for each transaction on the Account Transactions report.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @lzr9000 , if you navigate to the Sales & Tax Report, you should get a break down of Tax Amount on Purchases for each sales tax you have in you Wave account. As it turns out though, we don't break down that information anymore into expense categories.

The only way you'd be able to access this information would be through some additional manual work.