What happened to this nifty automation?

RichToyMediaRichToyMedia Member Posts: 1
In the past, when I would categorize transactions, after settingg the category for a transaction the system would automatically give me a list of identical (monthly) transactions that have been made recently and give me the option to set the same category for all those transactions. It would also allow me to mark all of those transactions as reviewed.

I just logged in to set some categories and got a notice that the transaction view has changed. I noticed that now it no longer gives me that grouped recommendation. I now have to set the category individually for each occurrence (or hunt them down and check all the boxes to bulk edit).

Is there a way to restore this functionality or is there a new way to achieve the same thing?

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @RichToyMedia !

As you may know, our auto categorization feature hasn't been perfect which has hindered the user experience. As a result, the auto categorization feature has been undergoing some reviews and changes on our end. I understand that this is frustrating and can negatively impact your accounting workflow. Our accounting and machine learning teams have kept a keen eye on our customer feedback related to this feature and they will be rolling out an update to provide a better experience in the future. When more information is available on these changes, Wave will notify the Community forum. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

edited April 26, 2021