Options

General Ledger Cash Basis Report

Deana55Deana55 Member Posts: 1

When we first began with Wave (2017) the detailed General Ledger report (Cash Basis) showed a payment and the details as to which invoice was paid. Some time back this report changed to only show a dollar amount and "Invoice Payment" with no detail included. We resolved that by manually changing the description on the Accounting/Transaction page which would then pull that information into the GL report. Recently something has changed where that information no longer pulls. I need a downloadable CSV report (Cash Basis) that shows all expenses and invoice payments. I pull this on a monthly basis. As far as I can find, the GL report is the only one that pulls information based on the date of activity (payment) rather than the date the invoice was created. Is there another way to create this report even if I have to manually mesh two CSV reports together?

edited April 21, 2021 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Deana55 !

The report you are referring to should still be available to you. For example, if your invoice payments are deposited into "Account A" you can create a General Ledger report for this specific account. It will include your invoice payment transactions along with their description. You can then export the report as a CSV file by pressing Export > CSV in the top right corner of the page. Please keep in mind, this will contain all of your transactions associated with Account A, not only invoices. If this does not suffice, the only other invoice related reports available in Wave that are "Income by Customer" and "Aged Receivables".