Sales tax, retailing with intrastate and interstate deduction

HoneyBadgerHoneyBadger Member Posts: 2

I live in WA state and my business does both Retailing and Service work. For retailing you deduct anything that is shipped out of state and anything in state needs to be broken down into each tax zone.

I am trying to figure out how to separate OUT of state retailing vs IN state retailing and the zone. I was able to do this in Quickbooks before moving to wave.

I currently have two sales tax items, Out of State 0% and In State 8.1%.

When I do sales tax, I need to break down into two categories, Retailing and Services. On the retailing I also need report what amount was out of state so I can add that deduction. I see no way to do this.
Problem is Wave only shows total of Out of State and In state sales tax but that is also combined services and retailing. Basically,

I need to figure out how a way to do the following.
Sales Tax Out of state
- a) grouped by services
- b) grouped by products (retailing)

Since I can only get the Total of everything I need to go through each invoice and add up all the out of state retail items by hand which is painful to say the least.

edited April 22, 2021 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @HoneyBadger !

I'm afraid that Wave does not support such sales tax functionality. In Wave, you can create a sales tax, apply a rate, and add it per item line but thats about the extent of our sales tax functionality. If you'd like to learn more about how sales tax works in Wave, click here.