Options

How to post retroactive sales

RangaRanga Member Posts: 1

I started using Waveapps mid tax year. I would like to post invoices retrospectively into Waveapps for the months before using Waveapps so I can generate a full tax-year view. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ranga , you can definitely do this but you would still have to manually create the invoices and apply payment to them based on when the payments hit your bank account.

• Options
    MOOMOO Member Posts: 7

I have a similar problem in trying to post retroactive sales. Mine is a nonprofit, so the sales are really Membership Dues. Most of the members have sent checks or electronic transfers which already show up in bank transactions and have been categorized as Membership fees. I have also created invoices which are currently unpaid. If I now go to effect payment of the invoices manually, how do I tie them to the deposit transactions already in my account so I don't have double payments?

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hey @MOO, you have two options in this case!

1. Head to the invoice and click "Record a Payment". This creates a transaction on the Transactions page, which you can then merge with the bank transaction.
    2. Head straight to the Transactions page, and re-categorise the bank transaction as "Payment Received for an Invoice in Wave > Invoice #".
    edited May 28, 2021