Options

Is there a way to archive former customers without deleting old invoices attached to them?

EloiseEloise Member Posts: 1

Hello,

My questions is: I have a lot of former clients and a lot of current clients. I would like to delete old customers so when I am writing my invoices, I don't need to scroll past multiple former customers to click on a current one. However, when I go to delete a customer, it tells me that it will also delete any invoices that are attached to those specific customers, and I obviously don't want to do this! Is there any way to archive old customers so that they don't show up on the customer list when writing invoices, without deleting. corresponding invoices?

Comments

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @Eloise,

I'm afraid that it's not currently possible to remove customers without also deleting the invoices they are attached to, and we don't technically have a way to "archive" customers.

That said, a workaround I can suggest here is to edit the name of your former clients, so that they begin with a "Z", for example "Z - Jane Doe". This will push them to the bottom of the drop down list when selecting a customer, so you won't need to scroll past them all!