Options

Reconciling manual invoice payments for Reports

jrackjrack Member Posts: 9

I had some cash payments for a number of invoices. So I see an income from the deposit at the bank as a combination of multiple invoice payments. I can't merge multiple invoices into that single deposit transaction so looking for options.

I can split the deposit down, but i can't then merge those sub-transactions to the invoice payment transaction either. Or should the cash deposit go on a different Account or category?

The issue is the invoice payment and the cash deposit now become duplicate income in the reports throwing off the numbers.

Comments

• Options
    jrackjrack Member Posts: 9

So checked in with the Wave support team and confirmed i was handling things wrong. For my situation you should not use the "manual record" function on the invoice at all.

After the cash deposit has posted to Wave you split the bank deposit transaction out to those outstanding invoice payments that need to be matched up. Then when you categorize those sub-transactions you follow the "Payment Received for and Invoice" category down to the unpaid invoices in the system. If you matched up the customer in the sub-transaction than connecting the invoice should be super simple.

This does leave the invoice in an unpaid state until the deposit can be done and reconciled, but that can be just communications. Be nice to have a "pending" status we could use, but far from a big deal. Guessing also using cash on hand could be an option, but assuming you deposit regularly it isn't a big deal.