Bank of Montreal connection is gone and can't set up a new one... HELP

22asepsysca22asepsysca Member Posts: 19

My connection to my BMO bank account is gone as of 1-2 weeks ago but BMO Mastercard transactions seem to be importing OK. When trying to set up a new bank connection, Bank of Montreal is no longer available to select. What is going on????

Comments

• JordonLilybelleJordonLilybelle Member Posts: 8

same issue.

• TAGPlusTAGPlus Member Posts: 4

Im having the same issue. Has WAVE replied/fixed this ?

• badbloodbadblood Member Posts: 1

DO NOT DELETE YOUR BMO CONNECTION

My bank BMO bank connection weren't updating for a few days, Wave support told me that they had issues on the Plaid side and it was currently under investigation. Now that the updating works, I did the mistake of deleting the BMO connection to reconnect all my accounts. Unfortunately the BMO bank of Montreal is no longer available.

Is it no longer supported? When will it come back ?

edited May 17, 2021

@badblood I did the same thing. I deleted another business and accidentally deleted the BMO account for my curent business and now its not there at all! Isnt BMO a Toronto HQ based company....like WAVE...any update on whats going on ??

• JordonLilybelleJordonLilybelle Member Posts: 8

seems to be fixed, thank you wave!~

• luclemoluclemo Member Posts: 5

Same issue here. Only credit cards are importing. My checking and savings accounts are no longer listed and BMO is no longer listed as a banking option. Any update on this from the wave team?

• 22asepsysca22asepsysca Member Posts: 19

@luclemo said:
    Same issue here. Only credit cards are importing. My checking and savings accounts are no longer listed and BMO is no longer listed as a banking option. Any update on this from the wave team?

It was fixed for a few days, now the problem is back..

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that you have all been experiencing issues with your BMO bank connections as I'm sure this impacts your accounting workflow! For more information around this, feel free to check out Kiah's post in this Community discussion.

edited May 31, 2021
  • GPearsonGPearson Member Posts: 5

I am having the same issue with my bank (Interra Credit Union). Sent emails to wave support without any response.

@JulianP please go see the updates on the thread that you linked to. Can the wave team provide an update on this situation?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @GPearson , I see that our Customer Support team has assisted you with this issue via email. That said, I'm happy to answer any further questions you may have!

Hey @luclemo , I've since made an update to that thread! Feel free to check it out and post any questions below.

• pcsmartspcsmarts Member Posts: 6

My BMO connection has been down since July. Today I deleted the connection and tried to re-add it.
    BMO is no longer supported. :(.

Chatbot says...
    Wave partners with Plaid, a third-party bank data aggregator, to import your transactions.
    This means that Plaid manages and maintains the bank connection.
    Plaid's connection to BMO is currently down but they're aware of this and are working to resolve it.
    However, this might take some time.
    In the meantime, to keep your accounting up to date, you can manually upload your bank statements.
    To do so, first turn off your automatic imports to avoid duplicate transactions.

I cant function as a business like this. Im sad to say but I have started to look elsewhere.

• AbbasAbbas Member Posts: 2

Our BMO connection with Wave has also been down for a while. Any news on this?

@Abbas This has been an issue for over 3 months without any fix in sight as you can see from this thread, last updated by @KiahD (from wave's support team) mid June: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/46488.

Folks from wave are blaming BMO's Plaid integration (even though other accounting software also uses Plaid with BMO without issues). I wouldn't count an a resolution given how long this issue has been left hanging without follow-up from the wave team.

First there was dropped support for Paypal imports, now this. After 3 months of manually importing transactions I can confirm that I will finish the fiscal year with Wave (because it's too much hassle to move before then), but I have already started my research for another service with more active support and faster bug resolution.

And for the record this is not a free vs paid debate. I would happily pay wave for what is otherwise a pretty decent application, but none of the problems listed would be fixed on a paid plan either. Real shame.

• pcsmartspcsmarts Member Posts: 6

@luclemo said:
    @Abbas This has been an issue for over 3 months without any fix in sight as you can see from this thread, last updated by @KiahD (from wave's support team) mid June: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/46488.

Folks from wave are blaming BMO's Plaid integration (even though other accounting software also uses Plaid with BMO without issues). I wouldn't count an a resolution given how long this issue has been left hanging without follow-up from the wave team.

First there was dropped support for Paypal imports, now this. After 3 months of manually importing transactions I can confirm that I will finish the fiscal year with Wave (because it's too much hassle to move before then), but I have already started my research for another service with more active support and faster bug resolution.

And for the record this is not a free vs paid debate. I would happily pay wave for what is otherwise a pretty decent application, but none of the problems listed would be fixed on a paid plan either. Real shame.

I agree with you. Im interested in moving aswell but it needs to be transparent. :|

• bppcbppc Member Posts: 2

Moving accounts to BMO and only just realized Wave doesn't appear to support them. Can anyone recommend an alternative to Wave that supports BMO?

• Michael_NMichael_N Member Posts: 1

You all do realize that you can download the information from BMO as a .csv file and upload it into Wave.
    You can do this monthly or bi-monthly depending on the amount of transactions you have. It is not ideal for sure but it is a reasonable workaround.

Pretty sure we all know that. But you have to delete some columns in the CSV file before Wave will accept it. Which many folks may not be able to do. And I'm quite sure you need a spreadsheet program to do that, such as Excel. I download the statements in Quickbooks format, .qbo.....no modifications are required, the only caveat is that you can't preview the transactions before loading them into Wave.

• JohnnyHermsJohnnyHerms Member Posts: 1

FYI to edit the CSV columns you can use Excel online for free at office.live.com.
    Other free options are OpenOffice or LibreOffice

The connections to BMO appear to be working again, last night I was able to connect and receive transactions from my chequing account as well as BMO Mastercard.

• TillsonburgTillsonburg Member Posts: 1

@22asepsysca said:
    The connections to BMO appear to be working again, last night I was able to connect and receive transactions from my chequing account as well as BMO Mastercard.

How were you able to connect? I still dont' see BMO as an option when connecting a bank account.

I don't see it either and its a PITA! Arent both BMO and WAVE in Toronto ? Should I be concerned ?

Back when it stopped working, I guess I never deleted the BMO connection, I just turned it off. The BMO connection still shows there but it didn't work as we all know. It showed as turned off with the little on/off slider switch. I decided to try and see what happens when turning it back on and it worked after entering my security answers. yes I see that if you are trying to make a new connection, BMO still does not show up. BMO is making things difficult, its not Wave's fault. Having said all that, I am still waiting for it to auto-retrieve future
    transactions,

• cnienabercnienaber Member Posts: 4

As of April 8th, 2022 this functionality appears to be working again. I am now able to re-add my BMO accounts and it is syncing my mastercard and chequing account

edited April 8, 2022

Yes my BMO connections seem to be working OK for well over a week now.