How to record payment, transaction and bills

BMPBMP Member Posts: 1

Hello,
I am having a lot of trouble trying to understand how WaveApps works with Bills. I added all my monthly bills to it and when I record a payment it goes duplicated to my transactions, one from Bill (Bill payment as description) and the other from my bank (POS transaction XXX as description). How can I record payment into Bill and reconcile on transactions without creating a new record?

Also, every time that I pay a bill I need to record it manually? Thank you

Comments

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @BMP !

If you have an active bank connection that imports your transactions, then all you have to do is record your bill and locate your imported expense transaction on your Transactions page. However, don't mark the bill as paid manually since this will automatically generate a duplicate bill payments transaction. Once you locate your imported expense transaction, from the category drop down menu select "Payment Sent for a Bill in Wave" and select the bill you just created. Once this is done, your bill will automatically be marked as paid on your Purchases > Bills page and no duplicate transaction will be generated.

edited June 9, 2021