Options

Created invoice payment with the wrong invoice by mistake

minrminr Member Posts: 1

Hi, I've made a mistake of tagging the wrong Invoice when I create invoice payment from Accounting\Transaction, is there a way to reverse or correct this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Oli_EddieOli_Eddie Member Posts: 10

I've done that before, @minr!

You'll just have to delete that transaction and put it in manually again. It'll only take you a second.

• Options
    chloelepeltierchloelepeltier Member Posts: 2

In the transaction, click on "Show details", then on the arrow that reads "Detach from source record and create another transaction with this record".
    This will create a duplicate, which you'll be able to reconcile with the correct invoice.
    Then delete the original transaction with the wrong invoice linked to.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @chloelepeltier.

This wouldn't be necessary with the new version of Wave. Clearing the transaction from the Transactions page would work.

You should also be able to just re-categorize your transaction to the right invoice, @minr.

• Options
    chloelepeltierchloelepeltier Member Posts: 2

@Alexia Could you explain how the process goes? I came up with my trick 2 days ago as I could not find another way to do it.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

You have it perfectly right for the older version of Wave, @chloelepeltier.

You could also remove the transaction from the invoice itself, by clicking on the invoice on the Invoices page and removing the payment. You could then click the arrow next to the right invoice and record a payment there.