Options

Access to Wave through RBC is ending on September 27, 2021

Siobhan_HitchmoughSiobhan_Hitchmough Administrator Posts: 19 admin

As RBC has announced to their customers via email, we wanted to let you know that accessing Wave through RBC online banking for business is being discontinued as of September 27, 2021.

Can I still use Wave?

Yes! While logging in through RBC is going away, your Wave account will remain available for you to continue using. If you haven’t already done so, when you next sign into Wave you will be prompted at login to set a password for your Wave account.

After you create your password, you can continue to access Wave through your RBC online banking for business portal if you choose (until September 27, 2021).

After this date you will begin accessing your Wave account by signing in via Wave’s website and we recommend beginning to do so now.

edited June 8, 2021 in Using Wave

Comments

• Options
    adamhooperadamhooper Member Posts: 1

Could you please link to that previous announcement? I can't find it.

• Options

Hi @adamhooper, I can see how my original wording was confusing so I've updated it to better reflect the situation. Thanks for the feedback.

To clarify: RBC sent emails to their customers on Monday, June 7th, 2021 about this change (these were sent to anyone with an existing Wave account through RBC). As above, there's no change to the account itself, just the method used to log in (you'll have to come to Wave directly). Hope that helps!

• Options
    gorchasegorchase Member Posts: 3

Hi @Siobhan_Hitchmough, I've received both the RBC and Wave emails recommending we change our password before the deadline.
    Also, as you noted "when you next sign into Wave you will be prompted at login to set a password for your Wave account" was included in their emails, however I've logged in multiple times to set this up and I'm never asked to set my password so for now I'm still only able to login via my RBC credentials.

Is this a phased rollout? If so, could it be communicated properly so we are aware of when we can do so after receiving multiple requests to set our passwords?

Thank you
    Gordon

• Options

Hi @gorchase, the password prompt should be live in your account now so if you're not seeing it I'm wondering if you can help me understand the steps you're following to access Wave? Are you clicking to access Wave from your RBC account or using the "partner" login on our main site here?

The other thing to note is that if you've previously set up a password for Wave, you won't be prompted to create one because it already exists. If you're not sure you can try using the "forgot password" link on the login page to check and see if that's the case.

Thanks in advance for the extra details!

edited June 10, 2021
  • Options
    St_ChristophersSt_Christophers Member Posts: 2

Does the above mean that the Bank Connection feature of Wave will not work with RBC?

I have been attempting for weeks to setup the bank connection from Wave to an RBC bank account and at first it says it was successful, but when the application attempts to connect (usually 4am in the morning), the connection fails and no transactions are being imported into Wave.

I have spoken to RBC and they say they cannot help and that this is a Wave issue.

• Options
    LeilaLeila Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    I have been trying to connect my RBC account to Wave without success. I get a notice that two-factor authentication is not supported even though I have two-factor authentication turned off. Does anyone know how to navigate this problem? Any help is highly appreciated.