Dumb pig farmer here

PinewyndPinewynd Member Posts: 3
I manually record invoice payments. No bank account connection.

All of the individual items sold on my invoices are listed in profit n loss. PLUS the entire sum of the invoice.

If I re-catagorize the invoices to 'sales' everything looks great, but then all my invoices are labeled as unpayed/overdue.

Just feel like im missing something here, I see this problem in other posts but cant wrap my head around why both would be listed. any suggestions plz? Thanks!

Comments

• Daniel_BynumDaniel_Bynum Member Posts: 1

From what I understand it seems that you may actually be trying to record income and not an invoice.

An invoice is usually sent to a customer for them to see what they bought and owe to you so that they can pay you. They remain unpaid/overdue because they are not tied to money coming in.

I would like to refer you to this post about recording income.
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621566-How-to-add-an-income-transaction

I hope this helps and answers your question.

• PinewyndPinewynd Member Posts: 3
    Hmmm. I send a customer an invoice for bacon and hams sold. He sends me an e transfer payment in return.

I 'record a payment' manually. Saying i have recieved x dollars via bank payment. Linking that payment to that specific invoice. The invoice says 'paid'. Excellent.

Then i go to 'pork sales' category, it shows all of the bacon and hams sold. Then ANOTHER seperate income entry for 'invoice payment' for the entire sum of the invoice(s).

Essentially doubling my 'pork sales'.

If i go to 'pork sales' calender year 2020, all is perfect. Shows all bacons and hams sold, but does not show any 'invoice payments'.

Strange i don't understand.
    Thx for the help Daniel
  • PinewyndPinewynd Member Posts: 3
    Well, i read on a different forum to delete recorded invoice payment.s And redo.

That solved this. Fyi