Options

Export a list of all transactions in a normal fashion

zalmanzalman Member Posts: 1

Every tax season I face the issue of going through all my transactions for totaling my expenses.

What I would like to do is to have all transactions exported into a spreadsheet with the basic details of it and I can handle them there. Waves export options are pretty crap - to say the least.

Wave doesn't offer any easy way to approach exporting all transactions in a simple fashion...

I created a Chrome extension which does this for me (you just choose a year - and company) and click one button which fetches all the transactions for the given year.

The columns in the CSV are Date, Description, Account, Category, Direction, Amount, Reviewed. (I can update it to add more if needed - I'm thinking of doing Notes next)

As it stands, I'm just using this for myself but I don't mind releasing it to the Chrome store for free - just trying to gauge interest before I go through the effort of releasing it to the stores.

Edit, I want to explain that I made this after repeatedly requesting Wave build in this feature - just a simple way to export all transactions for a defined period in a simple fashion...

edited July 1, 2021 in Accounting Feature Ideas