Options

I *HATE* the recent changes

lailalaila Member Posts: 4

I loved Wave when I first signed up. I loved that it was Canadian, and to be honest, I loved that it was free. But as my business has grown, I have added all the paid options - running payroll and taking payments through the app. I would even pay a monthly fee to use the old version of Wave.

The recent changes have made Wave so frustrating to use. The new interface on the Transaction page drives me nuts - it's not easier to use (for me). It clutters the screen, is clunky and they removed the sales tax bubble (which I relied on heavily).

But what has prompted this rant is removing the receipts app. Now, I have to log into Wave on my phone and computer just to upload a receipt which causes so many headaches. I start the transaction on my computer, switch to my phone to take the picture and then go back to the computer to finish. BUT - I keep getting errors because I'm working on the same transaction on two different devices.

Plus, I can't just take pictures of receipts on-the-go to deal with later since taking a pic doesn't automatically create a new transaction. My workflow has completely changed and it's added time and frustration.

I doubt Wave cares, but I'm leaving because of this change. This company that I loved, championed, and recommended to all my small-business-owner friends has become an obstacle to efficiently running my business.

I dread the task of moving to a different platform, and I know that there isn't something that will check all the boxes for me - but my priority is OCR - so I guess I'll be moving to Quickbooks.

Rant over.

Comments

• Options
    shaunooooshaunoooo Member Posts: 3

Agreed.

Don't worry. It'll come back as a paid feature.

edited July 4, 2021