Options

Reorder Estimate Line Items

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Jglubke_73 @VivaMediaInc Hi guys. You're correct, this is something which exists already on invoices and I totally see how it would enhance the Estimates experience as well. I'd be glad to add your continued feedback to this conversation.

• Options

Hi @smithiealum01 . If you see the rectangular shaped dots that appear to the left of an invoice item, you can click that and drag it to a different position to change the order of your items.

• Options
    Ally_rauDesignAlly_rauDesign Member Posts: 3

It seems this has not been fixed, is that right?

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@Ally_rauDesign It's still not possible to rearrange line items on the Estimates section itself (although possible on the Invoice section). This could be something that is implemented in the near future, but to be completely transparent, it's not on our immediate radar (we are looking improving different parts of the software such as reconciliation, moving transactions, etc). I appreciate your patience with us here and hope to have something rolled out for improvements on the Estimates page in the future.

• Options
    xindaoxindao Member Posts: 1

I would strongly encourage that Waveapps have this line item moving feature ASAP, and in as many area as possible. It would greatly encourage me to use Waveapps more.. Customer always change their mind, and every change is harder to keep the estimate in organize manner.. I am using QB. At least it can insert a blank line. I am testing other software like "JoXXX".. it has this featuer.. but their overall offer is not as rich as waveapps, it is not very helpful to just sololy using 1 software..

• Options
    jmbowles78jmbowles78 Member Posts: 1

Please add my vote for this feature. It would greatly enhance the usability of estimates.

• Options
    MartinCAMartinCA Member Posts: 6

I'd like to use wave for everything but sadly estimates is too cumbersome at the moment.

Features I think it needs to be at a basic usable level to avoid annoyance:

1. Make lines drag and drop, I hate creating a line, remembering something else and having to cut and paste lines down to make space for the one I want to insert in the middle.
    2. Increase the description field, prevent it from collapsing itself, its so difficult to use when I am calculating time in a different window and need a description expanded, as it always collapses on itself the second I click on another window.
    3. In the estimates window show the estimate sub-heading in the list, it takes me far too long to find a estimate as the list only shows the basic details like customer name and the total on the estimate.
    4. Estimates need status's, I want to update a status to approved, rejected etc. to better track it.

I'm a software developer, my estimates need details, it's annoying to use the system in it's current form as I have to reduce the details to fit in the description blocks, and then everything collapses when I click away.

• Options

Hey @MartinCA . I totally understand your feelings here. Estimates was built on an older system and it's definitely more outdated than our Invoicing system.

For full transparency, we're looking at making some Invoicing changes later on in the year. Although I can't guarantee what exactly those changes will affect and if this will carry over to Estimates, my fingers are crossed that it does.

Thanks for the feedback and breaking this down on such a granular level. I'll pass it on to them team :)

• Options
    arnievlzarnievlz Member Posts: 1

Hi, I've been trying to create an estimate but I can't seem to edit the columns. I was able to edit in on invoice but not in estimate.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @arnievlz

You are correct in that you unfortunately cannot edit any of the columns in the estimates section, but invoices only. Our invoices section sales section is currently undergoing some big changes on the back end to allow for front end development as well. I've passed this post along to our sales team! Thanks for bringing it to the community's attention.

• Options
    HWLHWL Member Posts: 1

I too am frustrated with the lack of ability to re-order lines in my estimate. I am really appreciative of the fact that wave is free but this really would help out on our end. Thanks

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@wbp Thanks for your candid feedback. I can understand way a lack of innovation in this part of the Wave platform would be extremely disappointing and would have you looking elsewhere for another tool. I'm happy to explain why this sort of a change is a huge undertaking, but also appreciate that it could sound like an excuse. If this sort of context would help with the understanding of why this has continue to be a challenge, please send me a DM. I'd be happy to explain it there :)

@HWL I'm happy to pass this feedback along to our product team. While I do that, is there any other features that you would like to see added if we do make changes the estimates feature in Wave?

• Options
    ManiMani Member Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

@wbp I too appreciate the feedback you provided. I've shared it with both the designer and product manager of the team that oversees invoices, estimates, and other related parts of Wave. We'll incorporate your input along with the thousands of other voices we hear from and hope to improve the system for you collectively. Hopefully, we'll win you back at some point, and thanks again for providing your feedback.

• Options
    SpikesBitesSpikesBites Member Posts: 5

Please please PLEASE add this feature soon! Estimates not in order are not a good customer experience, and as a Wave customer, having to reenter everything is not a good experience for me!
    Thanks!

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Thanks @SpikesBites

Our team is currently working on the back end for invoicing so that we can roll out some new invoicing features soon. Once this is completed we will begin to look into other features under the sales tab. Sorry I don't have an ETA for this feature request. Hope you have a great day!

• Options
    MarnusMarnus Member Posts: 1

I agree, this is so unbelievably frustrating . My Estimates are all over the place. Every time I add another addition to my estimate I can't group them with other relevant items. So timely to have to redo an estimate every time just for the sake of having relevant items grouped together.

• Options
    TLCINC_18TLCINC_18 Member Posts: 19

Hi,

Feature request: Allow drag & drop re-ordering of line items when editing an Estimate or Invoice. Once there are more than 3 or 4 items in an invoice it becomes cumbersome to re-order the items by deleting/re-adding them.

• Options

Hey @TLCINC_18 . Re-ordering on invoices is actually already a function within Wave, just click the dots to the left of the product/service to drag + drop it. With estimates on the other hand, this is not currently available but I'll take your comment as a feature idea for the team :smile:

• Options
    KeymanKeyman Member Posts: 1

Any news if this will be implemented on the estimate side?

• Options
    CronjeDesignCoCronjeDesignCo Member Posts: 3
    Completely agree with adding this feature to Estimates. Seeing as it is already on Invoices, shouldn't be too difficult to implement?
  • Options
    VivaMediaIncVivaMediaInc Member Posts: 3

Also curious to see if this is something coming in the near future!

• Options

Hi @Keyman @CronjeDesignCo @VivaMediaInc . No eta on moving items on an estimate as this isn't currently on the roadmap for the near future.

• Options
    TLCINC_18TLCINC_18 Member Posts: 19

Thanks for the response. In my industry we are usually required to send an Estimate (aka Quote) for approval before any invoicing can be done. It would be great if the same drag & drop re-ordering for an Invoice was also when creating an Estimate, since the estimate is always first. Thanks!

• Options
    JamesGoodnightJamesGoodnight Member Posts: 2

I'm also very confused why this isn't an option for estimates. Am I missing something?

Why would this not be on the road map? It's a very simple, common, and NECESSARY practice when creating estimates. In fact, I cant think of a single other app that DOESNT have this feature.

edited November 28, 2019
  • Options
    LGAndyLGAndy Member Posts: 0

Being able to re-order line items in estimates would be very helpful, and I'm surprised it doesn't exist already. In fact, if I had to choose whether to do this in estimates or invoices, I'd choose estimates because estimates end up being converted into invoices anyway. Thanks!

• Options
    Jamezj1Jamezj1 Member Posts: 0
    I was wondering if you could reorder the items in an invoice on the mobile app or in a mobile web browser. I know it's as simple as clicking and dragging the dots on the left hand side of an item when using the full desktop version but I can't seem to do it on my phone.
  • Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jamezj1 and welcome to Wave's Community Forum!

I went ahead and merged your post into an ongoing discussion about the same thing so that the conversation exists in one place and so that you received notifications when we update this thread!

Currently, reordering invoice items on mobile or the web-app is not a feature that has been built out. As you can see, this is a popular feature idea, so if we have any updates, we will be sure to post them in this thread for you!

• Options
    MaharaniDesignsMaharaniDesigns Member Posts: 1

Please add the rearranging capability to the estimates.

• Options
    DoeValleyDoeValley Member Posts: 4

I also would like to see the estimate creation page revamped, to work like the invoice creation page does. Right now I feel like I'm using two different programs for invoices and estimates.

• Options
    LAFigiLAFigi Member Posts: 1
    My estimates are also workflow dependent, and not being able to add or rearrange services in the proper order is a huge inconvenience. I too may be forced to move to another tool because of the time that Recreating an estimated every time there is a change is costing me.