Options

Reorder Estimate Line Items

13»

Comments

• Options
    AaronLeePortlandAaronLeePortland Member Posts: 1

I'll just copy/paste previous requests: Please add the rearranging capability to the estimates.
    In it's current state it is unusable. Estimates have so many moving parts. I beg you. FIX THIS. Been waiting close to 2 years for this.

• Options
    KeevanKeevan Member Posts: 2

Adding my voice here as well. Rearranging items on estimates definitely add this feature.

Don't forget about the total being optional as well. Estimates don't always have to be totaled if they're presenting multiple options on one estimate.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Thank you for your continued input and feedback here. At present, the estimates function is not something that the development team is going to be prioritizing improvement upon. I know that's not what you want to hear, and it doesn't feel great to have to deliver this news. The reason for this de-prioritization comes down to us wanting to focus on our highest-impact portions of the software. This is not to say that estimate improvement will never happen, however it does mean that it will be quite some time before we can expect changes in the realm of estimates. I don't say this to silence you all, in fact I'd love to continue to hear the ways in which the estimates feature can be improved! I'd love to be able to present the development team some impactful, beneficial improvements to estimates, when the time comes. I present this update in the efforts to be as transparent as possible with regards to where Wave intends to improve, and to not set any unrealistic expectations in the meantime. I hope we can all understand and continue to have meaningful, civil conversation in threads like these. As always, thank you for your understanding and patience.

• Options
    gsadsgsads Member Posts: 2

I'd also like to see this ability added. In addition, the product description field should be html and support linking to a product picture or additional details. I love everything about Wave except these limitations :)
    @ConnorM Estimates are basically invoices... no need to double your work! Just make invoices include these features, copy it, and call it Estimates! See how easy I made it for you!? :p

edited August 6, 2020
  • Options
    LoudSunLoudSun Member Posts: 1

I agree that the ability to reorder line items in estimates would be very helpful. The way it can be done in invoices is great.

• Options
    NolandNoland Member Posts: 2

We've switched to Sage because of this.

• Options
    ShadShad Member Posts: 3

Up! Any update about this ?
    Still the most frustrating missing option on the app for me.
    Thanks!

• Options
    moonandmeimoonandmei Member Posts: 1

I'm surprised that there is a log of users requesting this feature from almost 4 years ago with no movement!

Please update the estimates to allow for easy editing of the order - at minimum - and it would be even better to have a feature to group items into categories. To just add sections, drag and drop items into or out of sections.

Here is my use case: I am a wedding florist, and after doing consultations with clients I send out an estimate. After reviewing the estimate, 95% of the time I need to make changes to the estimate before the customer signs it. I would guess that about 30% of the time, I need to add an item. I order items in my invoice based on when the item is used in the wedding (Personals first, Ceremony, Reception, then Delivery/Strike/Rental fees). So if a client adds an item that goes in the "Personals" category, I have to either delete all of the lower items and re-add, or add an item on the bottom and copy/paste every. single. item. to the lower field. In the end, what should be a 1 minute update becomes 10 minutes of tedious work. 10 minutes I don't have as a business owner, for a client that hasn't even booked with me yet. This should not take up so much time! Please add this functionality.

• Options
    PMONPMON Member Posts: 4

I agree with the previous poster. I'm shocked that you haven't been able to address this yet. I also go through negotiations and often have to revise my estimates throughout the process. On smaller projects, with 3 or 4 line items it is not a big deal. On larger projects it becomes a problem.

The fact that you haven't addressed this yet makes me wonder how much you care about user experience.

• Options
    upsetbidsupsetbids Member Posts: 2

While dragging an invoice item up or down you can point to the up or down arrows at the top or bottom of the scroll bar and it will make it a little easier to move the item above or below several items. I also have invoice item reordering code written in Python from my old case management system that I can share (if someone from Wave would like to have it).

• Options
    a_la_l Member Posts: 2

Same. This is very frustrating, and makes our sales process rigid.

On the technical end, why can't this be literally the exact same functionality than on invoices, and just tag the database entry as an "estimate" (so that the "invoice only" functionalities are disabled, and the total doesn't add up as an actual sale).

Wouldn't this SAVE you coding/effort?

(edit: yeah, what @gsads said)

edited December 8, 2021