Account under review? WTF

Mr_WyrdMr_Wyrd Member Posts: 2

I am writing here because so far no one has even responded to my help chat inquiries and there is no other way I have found for me to reach out to Wave.

I had two clients make payments to me just the other day. I got a popup that instant transfers were now available to me. I signed up for instant transfer with my Debit card and when I initiated the instant transfer got a message that my account is now under review and all payments will be held. Not only no instant transfer, now apparently all transfers are being held.

I then went to look at my bank connections and found that for some reason my bank needed to be reconnected, so I did that. Then I reached out to support inside the website and got a bot response that someone would reach out to me when an agent had reviewed the message. That was yesterday morning in the middle of the week. I have not gotten any response. Then I started looking around online for people with similar problems and found a myriad of them. I found people for which wave has held onto thousands of dollars of their money for months at a time with no legitimate explanation. I saw messages from people where Wave has told them it would be up to 65 or even 120 days before they would see their money being released. Now I am getting very nervous that Wave has my money and will not be paying it out anytime soon. This is a form of fraudulent behavior. This is Wave holding onto money and earning interest on it while they "review" your account. I call bullshit.

If I do not have my money by the end of the week I will have lost trust in Wave permanently. There will be absolutely nothing Wave can do to regain that trust. I can understand having security protocols in place to ensure protection against theft and fraud, I cannot understand not having customer support responses to this kind of thing within a 24-hour time frame. I cannot understand putting someone's account under review and not sending an email notification. I got email notifications about the payments, about my debit card being approved for instant transfers, why not about putting all of my payments on hold? That is a sign that all is not well with a company, that they themselves are either exploitative or just don't care about their user base. Wake up Wave, if you keep this up I cannot imagine you will stay around much longer.