Account setup problems

BillMcBillMc Member Posts: 1

I am currently a Quickbooks Online (Mac) user looking to move to different accounting software. Our business is organized as an LLC. When I tried setting up the account in Wave, I was given no choice for organization type.

I figured out that if I created a "dummy" business and then went to Add a New Business, the Business Type choices (Sole Prop, Partnership, Corp) were offered for the added business. I selected Partnership as that is how the LLC is recognized by the IRS. Everytime I try to do this, I keep getting a "Wipe Out"/402 error screen.

I understand I will need to edit the default COA to match QBO but I was hoping the Partner Draw/Contribution/Equity accounts would be created as part of the setup.

What am I missing here? If I can't get beyond the initial setup screens I'm not sure this is the right direction for us. I would love some input on how to get a partnership setup as part of new account creation. So far, I have created/delete the new acount about 6 times!

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @BillMc.

You're absolutely dealing with a different problem here. The likely solution is to clear your browser's cache. There might be a temporary file interrupting one of Wave's processes and clearing the cache would fix that.

If you don't already use Chrome or Firefox, I recommend switching to one of those, since they tend to be more stable than other browsers. Let me know if that helps!