Integration issues with Capital One

stevegsilver73stevegsilver73 Member Posts: 4
I am a WaveApps user and a Capital One customer. I used to be able to import transactions directly from Capital One, but for quite some time now, I have been unable to do so. I called Capital One and had a long conversation with someone from the Online Banking department. I gave him the support page on the issue (https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001114443-Integration-issue-with-Capital-One) and he discussed it at length with a manager.

He claimed that the issue is not with Plaid, but with WaveApps. He claimed that while Capital One does indeed have an agreement with Plaid, it does not have an agreement with WaveApps. In addition, he said that WaveApps asks for the user's username and password, and that is something that Capital One's security measures cannot allow. However, he did say that Capital One would allow WaveApps users to import Capital One transactions by using the account number and routing number, or by using a debit card number -- they just can't allow the username and password.

Could someone from Wave please comment on this?