Hiding Old Account Amounts to Display Correct "All Accounts" Total

lexykristinelexykristine Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I've been a Wave user since 2015. However, I haven't fully utilized the accounting features until now.

I would love to know how I can "zero" or hide the accounts that I'm no longer using so that it shows me my correct "All Accounts" $$ amount. I'm currently only using the Lexy & Randy Checking, PayPal 2021, Checking, & Savings.

I realize that I should have done things differently & more correctly in the past. I really don't want to delete everything as all of my invoice payments are in the previous years. I've archived each account already, also.

I'm not sure if there's a way for me to make journal entries to zero the past accounts out or if it would be a feature suggestion so that they no longer show up in this list when they are archived.

Thanks for any help you might have!

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@lexykristine,
    If those accounts no longer exist then I would suggest a journal entry to bring the balances to zero. Debit Owner Equity or Drawing account and credit each cash account for the appropriate amount to bring to zero. You can archive the account afterwards.
    Hope that helps!

edited November 17, 2021