Options

Access restrictions to my staffs to access only the "SALES" MENU

GladexGladex Member Posts: 1

Hi I would like to know if you can set up the collaborators account to only access the "SALES" TAB

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Gladex.

It isn't currently possible to do so. The only sets of collaborator permissions at this time are the three outlines here.

There have been a few other discussions here on the subject and I'd love to hear a bit more about how you would use that feature. Would this just be to allow your sales staff to create and process invoices?

• Options
    hksuzukimusichksuzukimusic Member Posts: 15

I also vote for collaborators to have invoice only access. I would like my assistant to create and send invoices but not be able to access the other financial information (expenses, salaries, etc).
    To add, I also see a benefit to add receipts.

• Options
    MitchellGillespieMitchellGillespie Member Posts: 17 admin

@Gladex and @hksuzukimusic

Thanks for the feedback. We're very interested to understand how our small business owners leverage the people they work with. I have a few follow-up questions.

With respect to "Sales" permission

There are different areas of the Wave ecosystem that have an impact on Sales. Would you expect the "Sales only" collaborator to also be able to:

• View reports of Sales by Customer, Aged Receivables?
    • View invoice payments in the Transactions?
    • View any future dashboard insight about Sales & Customers?
    • Create chart of accounts for Income categories?

With respect to "Receipts" permission

@hksuzukimusic You mention that you see a benefit to adding receipts as well. Do you have multiple contractors who would be submitted receipts? If yes, what receipt/expense information are you comfortable each collaborating seeing, what information would you prefer they not see.

Thanks for the feedback. We're actively thinking about how we solve these collaboration requests and appreciate any feedback you can provide.

edited May 15, 2018
  • Options
    steve578steve578 Member Posts: 3

In order to switch over I NEED an option to limit access to Sales area and Purchasing only to staff collaborators. Sales staff only need to enter estimates, invoices, and make purchase orders to suppliers. Right now there is no way to use this system for more than 1 person and their accountant. Small businesses have several staff collaborators that should only have access to sales area.

• Options

Thank you for your feedback, @steve578!

• Options

With respect to "Sales" permission

View reports of Sales by Customer, Aged Receivables?
    Yes
    View invoice payments in the Transactions?
    No - but I assume they are able to add payments in the Invoice Section
    View any future dashboard insight about Sales & Customers?
    Yes
    Create chart of accounts for Income categories?
    No

I added Create or Edit Products
    Yes

• Options

With respect to "Receipts" permission

@hksuzukimusic You mention that you see a benefit to adding receipts as well. Do you have multiple contractors who would be submitted receipts? If yes, what receipt/expense information are you comfortable each collaborating seeing, what information would you prefer they not see.

Yes, the ability to enter and verify receipts is important, without the user being able to see all the transaction.

For example, I provide all my receipts to our secretary to scan and then enter into Wave. I would like her to have the ability to upload and then verify the receipts.
    I also have other employees who would like to enter and verify their own receipts. In both cases, I do not want the user to be able to see all the transactions (like salaries, bonuses, rent expenses, etc.)

• Options
    KenjKenj Member Posts: 27

With respect to both Receipts & Invoice Apps, it will be great that Receipts apps can be opened to all listed collaborator staff. They can post all their reimbursements subject to be approved by assigned manager. Less one paperwork process. At a later on probably is more expanded features of allowable claims for allowed approval. However, they do not have access to Wave. Just post receipts.

For Invoice Apps, great to at later stage allow optional access to other features related to sales. Too it will be great to push the Estimates/Quotation into the Invoice Apps. An approved Quotation digitally signed by client (wishlist) will proceed towards an Invoice and further collection automation further on.

Allowing managers to know who closed the sales. Wish list is be able to list the agents on successful closing and work out commission.

• Options

Thank you both for your feedback on this subject!

• Options
    aviavi Member Posts: 3

This is essential. We need employees to be able to enter and email invoices, apply payments, upload receipts, view due invoices.

View reports of Sales by Customer, Aged Receivables? 

Thats fine, but not essential.
    View invoice payments in the Transactions?
    I dont want employees to see all transactions because payroll is there. They should be able to see payments on the invoice page.
    View any future dashboard insight about Sales & Customers?
    thats fine but not essential
    Create chart of accounts for Income categories?
    thats fine but not essential

We don't want them to see payroll information, total profit and loss /balance sheet / or a similar report, or expenses.

The only way I can think of doing it is making a separate account for invoices only, and not attach my bank to it. Hopefully I can still attach my bank to invoice payments only, so that people can pay the invoice through Wave, but none of the transactions will be in Wave through that account. I havent tested it.

edited February 10, 2019
  • Options
    aviavi Member Posts: 3

I just tested making an account and attaching my bank account only to payments and not transactions. Seems to hide transactions and allow someone to make invoices and such.

• Options
    AlettaVenter427AlettaVenter427 Member Posts: 3

I would like to confirm that it would be very useful to be able to allow an additional user to have access to creating and sending invoices only - not the rest of the accounting system. This will also mean they must be able to create/edit products and services and income accounts.
    Thanks

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Appreciate the feedback here! User permission customization isn't directly on our radar, but it could be something that we revisit in the future when building out some new features in Wave. @AlettaVenter427.

• Options
    AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

I definitely vote for this. It would be better if there were permissions we could set for any function for any user, rather then set levels. You could have suggested user levels, which can be customized.

• Options
    jetthrusteramericajetthrusteramerica Member Posts: 8

Plus one for this! Would be an easy and elegant solution for user access modification. Sales tab limit is likely the majority scenario, but it also makes it challenging to teach new users to use 'just the basics' of their job role when there are so many options available. i.e. Simple checklist on user creation is a common one to limit menus, and the format of Wave menus are already very conducive to it.

• Options
    CHerbertCHerbert Member Posts: 2

Another vote for Sales limited user - I just need a user to be able to create and email invoices with no access to anything else