Export Issues with Receipts and CSV Transactions

hncfreyjahncfreyja Member Posts: 2

Please, can I get some help with the export? Trying to do my taxes and there is an issue with the dates on the Receipts exported, their names, and also issues with the CSV to export transactions.

Ever since the OCR changes in June 2021 and this switch to "transactions", all of my receipts have the incorrect dates. The dates in the export are the date the transaction was entered (last modified date listed on transaction), not the date on the actual receipt! Then, the name is not what I entered in the transaction! So I have six months worth of receipts all listed with the wrong dates and names like "2021-06-15 - attachment(X).jpg" The prior six months are all fine and correct.

So I go to export the CSV for the transactions, and the dates of the transactions ARE listed as the date on the receipt?! What on Earth?? This is an accounting nightmare! My accountant can't match the transactions to the receipts when they are showing two different dates and no specific name. I highly doubt anyone enters their receipts on the EXACT date they incur an expense!!

How can I get this fixed? Tax time is coming and I need to get this done expediently while my work is slow! I can't be the only one with this issue?? Please help! TIA

edited February 5, 2022 in Technical Support

Comments

• hncfreyjahncfreyja Member Posts: 2

Anyone? I don't believe no one else is having the same issue.

• the3soundsthe3sounds Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. It's a basic, why is no one up in arms about this?

I've tried re-reviewing transactions and all sorts of things, but it still keeps the original date which was incorrectly read by OCR. Also, how the heck can you change the merchant text? I've looked all over, but can't seem to find the field to change it.

It's like the original OCR info is treated as perfect, and hidden from the user for alteration.

It's the ONLY bad thing about this software for me, and it's a thing that might make me move accounting apps. I REALLY don't want to.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow the date and merchant info to be editable, ideally to reflect the date field, and description field.

Has no one else had this issue, or is it obvious to everyone how to edit this essential information?

edited May 31, 2022