Options

Cannot make credit card payment

spizspiz Member Posts: 1

a client is endeavouring to make a credit card payment and keeps getting the error message for the past hour An unexpected error occured. Try again in a few minutes.

The card is fine,

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @spiz.

Can you send me the number of the invoice and the name of your client as a private message? I can look into what happened.

Often, the credit card's issuer can be the culprit. Has your client tried calling their credit card company?

• Options
    WillFWillF Member Posts: 1

I have two clients having the same problem , was this resolved ?

• Options

Hi, @WillF.

As I mentioned in my last reply, this is often caused by the credit card issuer. If your clients haven't done so already, they should contact their issuer and ask if they can help.

If they've contacted their credit issuer already, I'd be happy to look into this for you, but I'll need more information. Could you send me the names of your clients, as well as their invoice numbers via a private message?

• Options
    VickyDsVickyDs Member Posts: 1

Hi there,

This is happening to me too - can I DM you the details?

Thanks!

• Options

Hi, @VickyDs.

I sent you a private message, you follow-up with me there!

• Options
    RickyallenRickyallen Member Posts: 2

Please I need help

• Options

Hi, @Rickyallen. I followed up with you in the other discussion you posted. If you have any questions, please ask them there.

• Options
    KCCKCC Member Posts: 1

Hi Alexia, I am also having this problem... "An unexpected error occured. Try again in a few minutes."

• Options

Hi @KCC.

I followed up with you through a private message! If you have any further questions, you're welcome to continue the conversation there.

• Options
    JessyJessy Member Posts: 1

Hey, i am having the same issue, is there any fix?

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jessy,

Thanks for letting us know; ultimately the same advice from Alexia's posts apply. Your customer needs to contact their credit card issuer to clear this up, as it's an issue with the card itself. Please let me know if you're still having any troubles with it, or if you want to take this into private messages!

• Options
    helpmehelpme Member Posts: 1

Hi this is happening for me too,

I have called the card issuer. There is nothing there. I have tried 3 different credit cards and my client has tried 2 cards.

The same message appears "An unexpected error occurred. Try again in a few minutes."

I have been trying for a couple of weeks now.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @helpme . If you could please send me a direct message with your email address associated with your business, as well as the invoice number, I would be happy to take a further look to see why your client cannot make a payment on the invoice that was sent to them.

• Options
    RunTimeRunTime Member Posts: 2

It's very nice to have the clean design and ability for clients to pay by credit card but it's useless if the payment gateways doesn't work!!

My client is getting this error whenever they try to pay by card.

"An unexpected error occured. Try again in a few minutes.”

It seems lots of other people are having the same problem so it can't be the issuer for everyone.

Wave please investigate and get this fixed because you have great software which I love but it needs to work.

Thank you

• Options
    RunTimeRunTime Member Posts: 2

For those of you who are having problems - log into your strip account and check the transaction logs.

I did this and found that the error code was "insufficient funds" which is not the fault of wave.

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @RunTime, thanks a lot for following up here and letting us know what the issue was! It typically is best to head straight to your Stripe Dashboard( which can be accessed through Sales > Credit Card Payments on your account) to see the status is of your payments.

If you get stuck again then please do not hesitate to reach out to us here, by submitting a support ticket we will have direct access to all of your information and be equipped to help you resolve things asap! Thanks :smile:

• Options
    ENCLAVEENCLAVE Member Posts: 1

Hi I am new to WAVE and I am also having this issue. I have checked my stripe and everything seems to be in order. PLEASE HELP

• Options
    Ryan_WRyan_W Member Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

@ENCLAVE would you be able to provide a bit more detail? Are you getting the generic error "An unexpected error occurred, please try again later"? Is it possible for you to submit a support request through Zoe's link above? That'll be the best way for us to dig into this further. Thanks!

• Options
    sidneycatsidneycat Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    I am getting the same error also today. I checked Stripe and I can't see anything there under the failed transactions either. I will PM some details of the invoice.

• Options
    ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @sidneycat, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Stripe account. Can you please submit a ticket with us here and we can get more of an idea of what might be causing the issue! Thanks.

• Options
    harvey_lynch83harvey_lynch83 Member Posts: 4
    I am having this same problem. Have contacted stripe and everything is fine there.
    Both mobile app and web won’t process the card payment.
    However a payment with the same card was made a few days ago?

Is there an error that displays if there is insufficient funds on the card?
  • Options

Hey @harvey_lynch83. We would be able to see what the error is on our side of things if the payment was being made via our processing. However, if it's through Stripe, we won't be able to see the exact detail as to why the credit card isn't able to be charged. If your client is paying you via Wave, please let me know (and also send me a DM) so I can do some further investigating on my side.

• Options
    harvey_lynch83harvey_lynch83 Member Posts: 4
    It is set up through stripe processing. How do I set up the account for wave processing? And will this allow me to do instant payouts? This feature is great for me.
  • Options

You would need to make sure that your business is based in the US or Canada, with the corresponding base currency as well (if a US business, it would need to be in USD, and vice versa) @harvey_lynch83. This would allow you to use Payments by Wave In terms of instant payouts, it wouldn't be something that would be available right away since your business would be considered 'new' -- but once you've processed a number of payments, meet our internal criteria, etc.. then you would have access to that feature.

edited June 20, 2019
  • Options
    OpinuOpinu Member Posts: 1

Hi there,

I also have the same problem. My clients keeps on getting the error " An unexpected error occured. Try again in a few minutes". He already tried 4 times.

I checked with Stripe customer support and everything is fine. My account is active and is able to receive international payment.

Since my customer goes to WaveApps page to pay, Stripe Support recommended to check with you guys.

I'd appreciate if you could help.

Regards,

Ben

• Options

Hey @Opinu (Ben)! I can see that you received some support via Facebook as well as one of our agents (we were having some problems with our Stripe integration during this time). I appreciate your patience and glad we got it sorted!

• Options
    itsme_aubreyitsme_aubrey Member Posts: 1

I am having this same issue. We ran the payment with the invoice and then tried to run it with the checkouts feature and it's still declining. Does my client need to call the CC company? How can I get this resolved?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @itsme_aubrey

I see you reached out to our support to get some more information about this payment.

Typically if a client tries to make a payment to your account and it fails, the bank or credit card company usually sends us a failure notification for why it failed. In this case I can see that it was most likely a hold on their bank's end. Glad this was resolved and the payment has gone through :smiley:

• Options
    GabrielleGibsonGabrielleGibson Member Posts: 5

I am having this same issue, could someone please assist?

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hey @GabrielleGibson sorry to hear your client ran into some issues submitting a payment! I was able to locate your payments account and can see 3 failed attempts made on January 28th and the 31st. It appears the error message that our system received from your client's credit card company is as follows: "The card was declined due to an invalid account number". I

I recommend asking your client to double check their credit card number entered and try to resubmit the payments again. If they continue to run into further issues, please ask them to reach out to their credit card issuer for further information. Hope this clear things up!