Chart Of Account issue

UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello,

1/ Once any of the entry in the Chart Of Account is archived then that particular entry should not be available for selection.

2/ If we try to edit the existing entry in the Chart Of Account then the error message is displayed as below

"Oops! Something went wrong. Try again."

**3/ **Query: If any of the Account in the Chart Of Entry is changed then will it reflect in the P&L report? (Note: I tried editing some day before and I was able to do that and it was reflecting in the P&L but now its not possible)

Tagged:
edited May 4, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @UHRP3.

1. You are absolutely right! There's an issue specifically on the product and services page under both Sales and Purchases. They shouldn't appear anywhere else. We are working on fixing this.
    2. Can you tell me exactly what changes you're trying to do? There are a few things Wave won't allow you to do with accounts, for example changing the currency for an account.
    3. Yes. Any changes to an account should be reflected in your reports.
  • UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

@Alexia said:
    Hi, @UHRP3.

1. You are absolutely right! There's an issue specifically on the product and services page under both Sales and Purchases. They shouldn't appear anywhere else. We are working on fixing this.
    2. Can you tell me exactly what changes you're trying to do? There are a few things Wave won't allow you to do with accounts, for example changing the currency for an account.
    3. Yes. Any changes to an account should be reflected in your reports.

@Alexia @Mani

I am trying to edit the Name of the Account

If I change the Income Account in the Product from X to Y then the system displays the report based upon Y only for those invoice which are generated later and historical data (i.e with X) is not available

For the above issue I tested and found that if the Income Account in the Product is changed from X to Y and if the historical invoice is only edited and saved then the event is triggered and the data is updated properly in the report, but this should not be the case and the system should accept the Account change.

Also for your information last month I just renamed one of the Income Account which was assigned to the Product and then again edited the Product so that the system should trigger the event in the backed but now I realise that the reports like Profit and Loss the figures are incorrect (Our financial year end on 31 March)

edited May 4, 2018

Hi, @UHRP3.

When you change the account on a product, on the Products page, it'll only change future invoices. This is by design (there's even a message to that effect on the Invoice page when you click "View Income Account"). There's a variety of reasons to change the account on a product without wanting to change past invoices, so for that reason, past invoices aren't affected by that change. If you want to change the account for past invoices, you'll have to go back to these invoices, remove the item, add it again and save the invoice.

• UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

@Alexia

No need to remove item in the past invoices, just press edit button and save, the event is triggered in the back end and database is updated.

I have tested this and it works :D

Fantastic, @UHRP3! Happy to hear it wasn't too much work after all!