Options

Downloading and printing of a Bill.

hichsonhichson Member Posts: 7

Good day, we use a Bill as Purchase Orders to our Suppliers. I need to download and print these Bills. Please advise how it can be done.
Thank you.
Hichson

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @hichson.

Wave currently doesn't have a way to handle purchase orders, and we do not have plans to build such a feature. Most of our users are businesses that provide services rather than products, and as such, we build features that benefit them first, because those features help the largest number of users. If you would like a bit more information on how we choose what to build next for Wave, I recommend reading this post.

• Options
    Cecile1majed_Cecile1majed_ Member Posts: 8

hello! for some reason i can't find the option to print bills or to save them on PDF.
    i use a free version of Waves.
    Can you help me please?
    Thx

• Options

Hi, @Cecile1majed_.

It isn't currently possible to print out bills in Wave or save them as PDF files.

Could you tell me a bit more about how you would use those in the context of your business? I might be able to offer an alternative or a workaround if I have more information.

• Options
    Cecile1majed_Cecile1majed_ Member Posts: 8

HI! am a fashion designer and i keep track of how much i owe my artisans in as monthly bills as it represent how much the pieces i sell cost me. i like to print the detailed bill to give to person who employ them.

• Options

Thanks for following up, @Cecile1majed_.

You won't be able to make those is Wave easily. You could, as a workaround, create a second business in Wave and use the invoices from that second business as bills to print out. Those invoices would essentially only exist to give you something to give your artisans and wouldn't affect the numbers for your actual business. You would still have to make the bill on your main business as well.

It would be a little bit more work, but it might still help as a workaround for now.

• Options
    ArclightArclight Member Posts: 2

You can print and save as PDF if your using the desktop version through a browser. Its under the "more actions" button at the top of the page

• Options

Hi, @Arclight.

This is true for invoices, but not for bills. It's true, the terms mostly mean the same thing, but the distinction in Wave is that you issue invoices and receive bills.

• Options
    imvafanimvafan Member Posts: 1

how to print and send the bills

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @imvafan! I've moved your post into this discussion since it feels more pertinent to your question. As @Alexia has described above, at the moment, there is no function to print and send bills. The main reason for this is because in Wave, bills are considered as documents for which you have to pay (i.e. and expense) and you would have received a bill from a vendor that you would have used outside of Wave. Entering the bill into Wave means that you are accounting for an expense that you will have to pay in the future, but until then, you are still consuming the service or product that you are paying for. Are you able to explain why you would need to print and send a bill within Wave?

• Options
    Hot_GlassHot_Glass Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

Are some people here using confusing terms and saying bills for what you provide to your clients (is that what @imvafan is asking ?).
    Or the more correct term of bill as in something you owe one of your suppliers ?

A bill is basically a creditors invoice in my mind, you owe THEM money.
    A supply you've paid for (cash, card, whatever) is a suppliers receipt.

For customer invoicing, Wave users only do debtors invoices (no cash sales facility) and then either give terms to suit the customer / sale, or make a credit card payment straight away as a form of cash sale.

edited July 9, 2019
  • Options
    phototracyphototracy Member Posts: 10

We also had a discussion here about being able to print bills.

@JordanFromWave : with my business, I have some freelancers who I pay to do various work. We've been keeping a time card as a shared document to see the breakdown of their work and pay, so I would then enter into Bills.

For my accountant and annual auditing purposes in Hong Kong, I've been asked to produce a document that isn't editable like the time card. For now I'm making screenshots of each Bill for this purpose but it doesn't properly show everything when a field is too long.

Hope this feature will be available for us small businesses just trying to pay the vendors like my freelancers. Thank you.

• Options
    ByDesignByDesign Member Posts: 5

Alexia, what about your core users who are service providers who want to be able to save their bills as PDF files? This is something that I know I would like to be able to do.... You can currently create and save invoices as PDF files, you can do the same with estimates, why can't we save bills as PDFs as well? is this something that can be added to the existing bills feature of wave.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@ByDesign I'm afraid there still isn't an option to export a bill as a PDF or print them from that page either. It is possible for you to go to the Settings section, click on 'Data Export' under 'Others' and then get the CSV data for the bills section itself, but that's really all of the data you can truly get from Wave at this time (for bills).

• Options
    samuelpmsamuelpm Member Posts: 1

Agree here with need to print out bills. My intended purpose for this is to include something along with the check that delineates what the payment is for, etc. A receipt of sorts. Is this currently possible? It appears not.

• Options
    FionagFionag Member Posts: 4

It would be a great help to be able to print out or email a remittance advice to send with the payment to the vendor so they know exactly what invoice we are paying. At the moment I do it by an excel spreadsheet but takes a bit of time to get it to look the way I want it. If a remittance advice could be included the same way that an invoice is in the sales side of the package. So it could be tailored to each individual company

Fi

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey @samuelpm, thanks for your feedback here! You are correct, there currently is not a way to create a receipt in Wave without first creating and sending an invoice. It is good for us to know why you would like this type of feature though!

Hi Fi @Fionag! Just to clarify your workflow here, it sounds like you receive an invoice from a vendor and then send payment to them. When you send the payment you need remittance advice? How many vendors do you need to do this for and how often? This will give our team some good insight into your processes! We don't have a feature like this at the moment, but we are always interested to gain insight into what our users would like, or use most often when accounting!

edited November 15, 2019
  • Options
    FionagFionag Member Posts: 4

Hi, yes we receive invoices from vendors, enter them in Wave and at the end of the month I pay them. At the moment I am doing an Exel spread sheet to send with the payment listing those invoices I am paying, but it would be great if the system had a remittance advice I could send with all the bills I am paying to a particular vendor with the amount of the total paid. Also is there a way to get rid of the paid bills of the main screen as in the debtors, so all this is left there are the outstanding bills?

Thanks

Fi

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Fionag Hey Fi, Thanks for all of this insight into your business! There's currently no way to remove the paid bills I'm afraid. What you can use in the meantime is the Overdue bills widget in the Dashboard page. This will show you only which Bills you have overdue.

edited November 15, 2019
  • Options
    blackcanyoncrossfitblackcanyoncrossfit Member Posts: 1

Add me to the list of users who would LOVE the ability to print or pdf bills please.

I use bills when I pay vendors or freelancers and would like to include the pdf bill with their payment. Hint, my freelancers don't provide me bills, they track time and I turn the time into bills.

Your help center instructions for paying contractors state, "Pay a contractor
    To pay a contractor, create a bill for their services." Logic tells me that the same pdf/print feature you have on invoices could also be applied to the bills and those Wave users who need this ability would be pleased.

• Options
    FoundationPrintingFoundationPrinting Member Posts: 4

I also want a way to print my bills. Even trying to print the the whole web page comes out wonky. I wish this would be something Wave would put on any kind of priority.

• Options
    paintergirlpaintergirl Member Posts: 4

Another yes please for the ability to print or create a PDF bill. I run a gallery and sell goods on behalf of makers. At the end of the month I send them a remittance advice with a list of what I've sold. At the moment I create a bill on Wave, but then have to recreate that in Pages to send with the payment.

• Options
    NiteshNitesh Member Posts: 1

I see this post has been around since 2018 and yet still no update on if there is going to be a solution to download/print bills. I use bills to create payment for my outsourced services in foreign currency. Im hoping 2020 will be better year for this feature!

• Options
    RalphxGlennRalphxGlenn Member Posts: 4

Hi guys, just want to check out also on the enhancement request to be able to print (or export to PDF) the bills. Thank you.

• Options
    ricksteelericksteele Member Posts: 1

I just want to request that you reconsider adding a non-inventory style "purchase orders". This would be similar to making "estimates" (no need to track inventory). MANY companies that provide services use "subcontractors" to assist in the service they provide. Without a system like this in place, waveapp creates a hinderance in satisfying taxing authority requirements.

• Options
    RyanRizzo123RyanRizzo123 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I could really use this feature to print Bills or save as PDF. It is kind of crazy this thread has been open for 3 years and such a simple software integration has not been completed.

• Options
    PrinceEdwardCustomsPrinceEdwardCustoms Member Posts: 1

The workaround to print web page, save as pdf, is cheesy and makes it look unprofessional.
    how hard is it to add export to pdf as you do with current invoice? also packing slip would be nice

• Options
    SteveHSteveH Member Posts: 1

Seriously...? There STILL isn't a way to print a bill or create a Purchase Order? smh

• Options
    Banah23Banah23 Member Posts: 3

I hope that a printing a bill feature becomes available in the near future. We run a small business and we deal with other small business. There is a lot of trust in our business community. So occasionally we will use another business for something and they wont send us a bill but rather they will just verbally tell us what we owe. I would like to, from that information, create a bill and then send it along with the check so they have a record of what both of our business's did.

• Options
    Vitality_Collective1Vitality_Collective1 Member Posts: 4

Does anyone here currently have a reliable platform they use for creating bills to be set outside of Wave? Obviously, we all want to print the bills directly from Wave, but it doesn't seem as though they've changed that yet. Currently, I create separate excel bills to send out that mimic the information on Wave, but I'm looking for a less archaic option than editing excel templates. Thanks!

• Options
    studiobogardusstudiobogardus Member Posts: 1

I second the need for this feature. I arrange music and have agreements with the original creators; I need to send them an annual itemized list of what I owe them and payment for their share of the royalties. It is my responsibility to keep track of how many copies have been sold, so they do not send me an invoice. I would much prefer to do this natively in Wave rather than creating a 3rd-party document as well as a bill and marking it paid.