Options

Print option and export to PDF - not available in app

MitsMits Member Posts: 11

Can the features of printing an invoice and exporting to PDF be added in the invoice app?

edited August 30, 2018 in Mobile Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    Dante_BulluckDante_Bulluck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

You can do that, @Mits. When you tap an invoice in the app, tap the "..." icon at the bottom left. It'll open up a bunch of options. You should be able to print from there if you have a printing app set up, or save the invoice as a PDF.

• Options

I think you are talking about the three dots next to the "send invoice" button @Dante_Bulluck. Actually I can get multiple options of sharing the invoice but it shares the LINK to the mobile version of the invoice, not the invoice or a pdf. If I print, it will print a mobile version of the invoice, not the desktop or PDF version. Second thing, it shows error trying to open the file when exported as pdf.

• Options
    Dante_BulluckDante_Bulluck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Yes, @Mits. Bottom right, I was going from memory and things got jumbled.

I was so sure that's how it could be done. I suppose you could also just go to the website on your device and export it in PDF from there, rather than from the app.

• Options

Yeah @Dante_Bulluck. Actually that's what we do currently to get a print out. But the issue is... Every time we open the website, we have to login again. It doesn't remember the user id. It's inconvenient to the employees during the peak hours to switch from the app to the web and tapping the screen multiple times just for a print. And in this process, customers also have to wait patiently at least for 5-6 minutes.

The actual idea of developing the app is to simplify the process of generating the invoices as the web is a bit inconvenient for mobile devices. So my suggestion is, if we already have an awesome app for the mobile, then why can't we just get these features added rather than switching from app to web and web to app? I am sure that since the features of exporting as pdf and printing invoice are already there on the web, it will not be difficult for the developers to add them to the app.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for your feedback, @Mits.

I can't speak to how difficult it would be to add a feature like this one, as I'm not a programmer, and I can't make any promises, but I'll make sure to pass this along!

• Options

Thanks a lot @Alexia

• Options
    aclaassensaclaassens Member Posts: 2

Would love to be able to print invoices and statements to printer and pdf directly from the app.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for adding your voice to this discussion, @aclaassens! Do you have a lot of clients that require physical copies of those documents?

• Options
    DaluClinicDaluClinic Member Posts: 3
    Half of my customer would like a paper invoice/receipt. A Feature of printing invoice or/and export to p df from mobile app would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    VijaySahniVijaySahni Member Posts: 1

Please add the print or export to PDF option in the Mobile app please.

• Options
    zgibszgibs Member Posts: 2

When viewing the Invoice preview-->DESKTOP version in the mobile app please!!! add option to print.
    Roughly 20% of my customers still want a paper invoice. It seems there are plenty of people that have been asking for this feature for awhile and many more that haven't bothered. Without this feature we are left with complicated hack workarounds to service our clients.
    Why hasn't product prioritized this?

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @zgibs !

As you may know, this functionality is not currently supported by Wave. For full transparency, this feature idea is not on our product road map at this time. We don't have an ETA on when or if it will be implemented in Wave. With that being said, I want to mention that we are not dismissing your feedback as our product and development teams often revisit these ideas. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts on this feature with us.

edited June 11, 2021
  • Options
    Baylee74Baylee74 Member Posts: 1
    Need print options for app please. It is something we all need. Other apps have this feature.