Transactions Not Updated for Over a MONTH - WAVE PAYMENTS customer

RockCenterRockCenter Member Posts: 3

My bank transactions have not updated for over a month now making the use of Wave nearly moot. I've tried using the chatbot to no avail. As far as I understand it I should have access to live chat since I use Wave Payments - but have constantly been told by the bot that, "Support from a human agent is included for customers using Wave Payments, Payroll, or Money." and then "Support is self-serve for customers using only our free Invoicing and Accounting software." I contacted my bank to see if there were any updates that may have created problems with Plaid - that didn't seem to be the case. I checked my accounts and they are all connected, I do not want to do manual data entry, nor do I want to disconnect/re-connect. This is not the first time this has happened. The last time it lasted for weeks and I did the disconnect/reconnect process and it created a huge pain with duplicate transactions and mis-marked entries - big headache. I understand the 2 - 7 day lag - but 4 weeks is unacceptable... It is also very frustrating that I cannot get ahold of any human support. I understand the policy - its free software, and self serve help is the tradeoff but I am a Payments customer and still unable to find the support I need. I'm tired of the wait and see approach. Wave is a good program for small business, but I've found the support abysmal and the quirks frustrating. Is there anyone that can assist with this issue? Has anyone else had these issues on the regular? More to the point - if I can't depend on Wave, I'll need to move on. If the only answer to my problem is Wait-N-See or follow the chatbot's recommendations, can anyone recommend another program that allows for the management of both biz and personal accounting? Thank you for taking the time to read and assist!! Kind regards - rock

Comments

• AccountingBabyAccountingBaby Member Posts: 3

I am having the same problem for the first time in years. My bank is clearly connected because my dashboard has the current balance. My account has not been updated since May 12. If you've figured this out please let me know - I will have to look for new software as well, which will be a huge pain!

• RockCenterRockCenter Member Posts: 3

Unfortunately - as you can see - I received "0" assistance regarding this issue - and this includes commenting on another's post, reaching out directly to Wave "experts" via this community, using the bot, and tracking down a corporate phone number in Canada that was useless. I even contacted my bank and Plaid - no answers were to be had. Frustrating to say the least.. The customer service @ Wave is abysmal. Furthering my frustration is the fact that I am a "payments" customer - which is exactly what the bot says is required to get live support - but when I tried to access live support it would not connect me to a person - unbelievable. The Catch22 is that Wave, as a software, is pretty good - and I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement that I was happy with - nor am I interested in spending a massive amount of time transferring over the data to another application. All this being said - I was able to fix my syncing issue finally - but it is not for the faint of heart. I had to delete my banking connections and then add them new. Before I did this I exported all my information via CSV in case I lost everything. Thankfully my transaction history was saved. Re-adding the bank connections did create duplicates for all my transactions for the past 90 days (that's how far back my bank allows transactions to be downloaded). So it took me some time to identify, delete, and categorize the three months worth of duplicate transactions in order to balance my account. Once I did that my syncing issues were resolved. Best of luck.