Options

Date format

AbsarAbsar Member Posts: 1

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me if there's a way to customise the default date format from US (m-d-y) to the British (d-m-y)? If not, is that feature on Wave's roadmap?

edited August 31, 2018 in Accounting Feature Ideas

Comments

• Options
    CentanniCentanni Member Posts: 27

@Absar.

There's no way to change the date format in Wave. It's YYYY-MM-DD everywhere. Good thing is that the date on invoices is always written up as "May 14th, 2018", so it's unlikely to confuse your clients.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Absar.

As @Centanni said, it isn't currently on our roadmap to add the ability to change default date formats in Wave.

Would this feature just be a quality-of-life feature, or would it have a bigger impact on your business?

• Options
    Veronica_VVeronica_V Member Posts: 3

Hiya,

I've read a few threads on the date format on Wave. Just wanted to add my bit that yes this feature should be added and soon. Sending out invoices to customers in Australia with an American date format will not only be confusing to them but also looks un-professional in my opinion.

Hope this feature gets added soon.
    Cheers,
    Veronica

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Veronica_V ! Thanks for your feedback here, it's truly appreciated. While we still don't have a concrete timeline as to when the date format would be adjustable -- we are still looking at improving the invoice customization feature in Wave, so this helps to add to the list!

• Options
    Gary_WGary_W Member Posts: 3

+1 on all these Date format comments. I've just started using Wave for my business in UK and this is a real frustration this side of the pond. Hopefully a fix sooner than later, otherwise software seems very capable. Thanks.

• Options
    madeiratranslationsmadeiratranslations Member Posts: 1

I am truly disappointed with this. I have been using Wave to record my expenses for over a year now and was planning to use it to keep track of all my accounts from now on.

However, when I started customising my invoices, I discovered this issue with the date. As a linguist, I cannot send an invoice to a client with the wrong format - it's just not an option! As such, I won't be able to use Wave for my invoicing.

Very disappointing.