New user - Beginning Balance issue

IrmaIrma Member Posts: 2

I am trying to manually add beginning balances. I finished the bank balances but now trying to add assets such as building, in the journal transaction the drop down menu only shows uncategorized expense or income.

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Irma.

Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing, as well as one of your Chart of Accounts page? You should be seeing all of your accounts in those drop-down menus, so I want to make sure nothing happened to your Chart when you created your business.

• IrmaIrma Member Posts: 2

HI Alexia.. thank you for helping. I created BUILDING under Property, Plant and Equipment and I can see it in my chart of accounts but its not showing in drop down menu
    I can't paste my screenshot to this comment box ????

Hi, @Irma.

You've stumbled on an issue with the Chart of Accounts we're working on fixing right now. Accounts under the Property, Plant and Equipment category can't be selected in a few different places on Wave. As a workaround, you can put that account under Other Long-Term Assets instead. I don't have a timeline as to when this will be fixed, so this is your best option for now.

As for screenshots, one of the buttons above the comment box allows you to post pictures. Someone asked the same question earlier today here.

• cfiversoncfiverson Member Posts: 4

I originally downloaded a couple of years, but only want 2019. When I realized it, I'd done too much work to start over. I deleted all the history, but some of my starting balances are screwed up & I can reconcile the accounts! Also, there is some history in retained earnings that doesn't make sense & I'd like rid of it. Suggestions?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @cfiverson . Starting balances are always transactions. To delete them, navigate to Accounting > Transactions and scope out the very first transaction (your starting balance). Delete this to start fresh.

In the same breath, if you filter for "Retained Earnings" in the Transactions page, all transactions with the categorization will show up. Delete any of the transactions that you need to so you can get back to where you need to be.