Unable to archive test account

helioegrethelioegret Member Posts: 5

I added an account that I know would like to archive (ideally delete) and keep getting this message:

Despite what I think is "Disconnecting Payments," it won't allow me to complete the archive transaction. Any clues as what needs to be done?

Tagged:
edited May 15, 2018 in Technical Support

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @helioegret.

Can you check if there's still an account on either the Bank Connections page or the Integrations page? If so, delete those completely.

There is a known issue that has been causing this error message even after those accounts were deleted for some of our users, so if the previous suggestion doesn't help, this is what's at play. Our engineers are working on it and should roll out a fix sooner than later. In the meantime, my recommendation is to change the name of this business to make it obvious that you intend to archive it.

• helioegrethelioegret Member Posts: 5

I don't have any integrations, but I do see accounts under bank connections. However none of them are associated with the test account (as in Edit -> Importing transactions into: [pick business]). Does this mean I have to disconnect all of my accounts and then reset them back up?

Hi, @helioegret.

You won't have to. If all of your bank connections are attached to other businesses, it's absolutely related to the bug mentioned in my previous post.

You'll have to wait until we roll out a fix for this before you can archive it. With that said, you can change the default business for your account so that you don't log into this one every time you log into Wave. You can do this from the Manage your profile page, under Businesses. Just click the star next to your primary business.

• helioegrethelioegret Member Posts: 5

Thanks!

• protagonistprotagonist Member Posts: 1

Same problem here. Reset the default business -- thanks for the suggestion. Any idea when the bug fix will happen?

Hi, @protagonist,

No, I don't have a timeline to offer just yet. I will keep you posted about developments here, but I couldn't tell you when it will be resolved.

• RJCookRJCook Member Posts: 1

It is now March 2019, is there a fix available now to resolve the problem of not being able to archive a business account?

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @RJCook, thanks for reaching out! I'm afraid this issue is still ongoing. Unfortunately this bug is embedded quite deep into our software, our engineers are still working on removing it.

In the meantime, what I can suggest is to rename the business through the Business Toggle in the top left corner of your account > Manage Your Profile > Businesses > then click the Pencil Icon to edit and rename the Business you wish to archive. (Tip: most users will rename it to "Z" or something to that effect to get it out of the way). On the Businesses Page you will also want to click the Star button beside another business to make that your Primary Business in Wave.

I hope his helps as a temporary solution. We will be sure to update this thread as soon as we have any new information. Thanks!