Options

Can't sort by dollar amount

eporteuseporteus Member Posts: 4

We used to be able to click on the headers in the transaction screen and sort by dollar amount. Why can't we do that anymore?

edited August 29, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @eporteus.

You are right in saying that you cannot sort your transactions by amount in the new version of Wave. It isn't that the feature was removed, but that we rebuilt the Transactions page entirely, and some features were not added again or have yet to be rebuilt.

Can you tell me a bit more about the circumstances in which you would need to sort your transactions by amount? Knowing more information about cases where a feature like this is useful to Wavers will help our product team assess its importance.

As a workaround, if you do know the rough date range of the transaction you are looking for, you could bring up that period and search for the amount using CTRL+F.

• Options
    ManuManu Member Posts: 2

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the updates!

I'd like to chime in here. Like eporteus, I found sorting by dollar amount useful as well. The most frequent scenario for me was when I was in the midst of categorizing a large number of transactions, and wanted to categorize the biggest transactions (in terms of dollar value) first, so that I can take a sneak peak at the Income statement and at the General Ledger before I finish categorizing, to get a feel of where the numbers are headed.

So I'd love to see the sort-by-amount feature make its way back.

Thanks.

• Options

Hi, @Manu.

You'll be happy to know that you can do this now! You just have to press the Sort button on the top-right of the transactions page, as shown in this screenshot:

• Options
    ManuManu Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexia,

Is sort-by-dollar-amount available to all accounts? I only have sorting by date available (newest to oldest or oldest to newest).

Thanks,
    Manu.

• Options
    Entrepreneur2018Entrepreneur2018 Member Posts: 1

i also am looking for this...I am seeing the same thing as Manu

• Options

Hi, @Manu.

I apologize, both to you and @Entrepreneur2018, I completely misread your comment there. I'm not entirely certain what happened. I thought you were asking me about sorting by date, not amount.

I'll forward your feedback to the team!

• Options
    jpm3071jpm3071 Member Posts: 2

Any update on this? I'd like to sort by $ amount as well so its easier to see the transactions that need to be merged.

• Options
    eporteuseporteus Member Posts: 4
    You also can’t search by dollar amount. I was trying to find a particular transaction that was not showing up in the correct account. It’s impossible to find when you cannot sort by dollar amount or search for a transaction by a specific amount
  • Options
    sixbucketsfarmersixbucketsfarmer Member Posts: 1

Any update on this? My imported bank transactions and my Wave invoice payments double my income and I need to merge these transactions. Amount sort helped do this a lot faster.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @sixbucketsfarmer , no updates on sorting by dollar amount I'm afraid.